• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Southern New Jersey???

Hey guys, it's me (the OP). ;) I just moved from Stratford to Glassboro! New (to me) house and will soon be setting up my system. I've been without music for too many days now. At least I have my stereo echo dots to give me some tunes. Lol!

Welcome @Paul Clark !! I lived up your way in Gloucester City for a few years.
 
Hey gang! Just want to say hi to all my Jersey friends, despite having never actually met. Hopefully we can get Covid under control, get back to a new normalcy, and begin to safely have some gatherings.
Have a few pics to share of my room:
20201004_155710.jpg
20201004_155654.jpg
20201004_155641.jpg

Plenty of room treatments to be added but, for now I'm off to a good start. Stay safe, healthy and happy and most importantly... Enjoy the musics!!
 
We should do a social distancing meet up where we all park in a disused parking lot with our cars in a circle. The Kmart plaza in Berlin is a ghost town lately.
 
We should do a social distancing meet up where we all park in a disused parking lot with our cars in a circle. The Kmart plaza in Berlin is a ghost town lately.
Like back in my car audio days!;)
I think all Kmart parking lots are all ghost towns these days!
 
Hope all my fellow NJ AK'ers are doing well! All AK'ers matter but, I'm partial to us Jersians!;)

Enjoy the musics!!
Ray
 
I’m in West Deptford, love to shop for vintage gear & vinyl at Habitat Restore, Goodwill, thrift shops and Barrack’s Trading Post in Maple Shade.
 
I'm in Hammonton, along with at least one other member I know of. I also know Lee and Bill.
Maybe this will be the year we can get back to having local events again.

Cheers!

Chris
 
hello all, just joined... am from Brick.

Am likely inheriting from my late mother-in-law:
Denon DP-30L
NAD 6150C cassette deck
NAD 7020 receiver (unsure of rev# yet)

...whom bought it all brand new. Still have the original receipt and it was pricey!

I don't have a home stereo system of my own. I grew up with a father who had worked for Lafayette Stereo in North Jersey and had a bunch of hifi gear and the original Advent speakers back when I was a kid.

I'm more into car audio, although my "system" isn't high end yet, but I'm working towards that. Maybe will have that MiniDSP DSP with Dirac some day :)

Am no stranger to electronics repair, but more so on the level of semi-conductor parts replacement than full on native understanding of the circuit design, but can still learn :)

Anyway, the gear still functions, but pots are glitchy, surely the rubbers in the deck are dried, etc.

Will likely be hitting up some for advice.
 
@dgoldstein78 Welcome and enjoy the musics!!

There's an actual "introduction" section. Might want to say hi there as well as I'm sure it will be seen by many more folks, especially outside the great state of NJ. I hear there's a whole other world out there.
 
@imral3 - i see you're using a miniDSP... any thoughts on it and/or any plans to go to the Dirac version?

I've been butting up against the idea of using Dirac to cut tuning time down in the car audio world. It can take hours and hours to dial in a car system via DSP. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing what these black boxes can do, but it seems after setting the basics in the miniDSP software (TA, Xovers), having Dirac run the calcs to hit a house curve apparently can all be done in less than a half and hour with incredible results. This obviously all assumes the install was done well. What are your thoughts?
 
I too have a little history with car audio installations. Nothing with DSP though. And tell me about it... I've literally taken a hundred or more room measurements with REW and run it through MSO and then input into the miniDSP trying to dial in the bass in my room. Currently using all 4 miniDSP 2x4 HD channels, one for each sub, so not really able to go the Dirac route at this point. I'm at a pretty decent point right now given my short time at this.
 
Back
Top Bottom