• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speaker ID redux

Yggdrasill

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Can anyone ID these? The owner claims that they're KLH but they don't look it to me. Any thoughts?
 

Attachments

  • speakers.jpg
    speakers.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 45
  • speakers2.jpg
    speakers2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 24
Register to hide this ad
Thoes are the KLH that came with an external processor but I can not remember what they were called.
 
Talked to the guy and he said that the drivers have KLH stamped on them. But he's got no idea what model they are.
 
I believe they are KLH 2s. The middle level speaker of a range that used an external processors to allow deep bass and high volumes from small cabinets. Fine speakers, but really need the processor to show their stuff, so make sure you get it if you are thinking of buying.
The whole series got excellent reviews from the mainstream press, but had the mistfortune of being a little too complicated (the processor box) and not blatantly bass capable (where are the 15 inch woofers?) for the average customer, but also were too complicated for the golden ear/subjective press of the time, which was convinced that solid state and processors were bad on the face of it, and products from mainstream companies were suspect.
I think that they may be due for a reevaluation -- I found a destroyed pair at the dump minus the processor. I salvaged what I could (and sent the crossovers to another AKer at some point) and was impressed by the quality of the parts.
 
Back
Top Bottom