• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yet another identify this speaker owner says Stradovarius

Register to hide this ad
I assume these are not Stradivari:

http://www.stradivariaudio.com/en/

Or Sonus Faber "Stradivari " ($31,000 used on Audiogon right now).

Or Cello Audio "Stradivari Master" ($14,900 on ebay right now).

They could be white van speakers, but I don't find the name on the big list of WV speakers.

that horn looks suspiciously piezo, and the knobs have a cheap look to them. What's sticking out around the upper left driver?

I could be wrong but these don't look that good.
 
I suspect that's a midrange horn, not a piezo. If they're white van, they're very early (i.e. 1970s) white van. I'd probably at least take a look if they were close by and the price was right.
 
I passed. Agree they looked too white van speaker-ish. They were marked sold about 10 minutes after asked the seller for more details.
 
Good decision. There are so many good-great speakers for cheap money. You will find your treasures out there, keep looking.
 
Good decision. There are so many good-great speakers for cheap money. You will find your treasures out there, keep looking.
Just dug these out of basement. After 40 years still in very good condition. 12 " rubber surround woofer, horn mid. 3 way ported. Mid and high adjustment. Size of an hpm-100. Heavy. No other markers. "Stradovarius sound system". I've heard worse.
 
I assume these are not Stradivari:

http://www.stradivariaudio.com/en/

Or Sonus Faber "Stradivari " ($31,000 used on Audiogon right now).

Or Cello Audio "Stradivari Master" ($14,900 on ebay right now).

They could be white van speakers, but I don't find the name on the big list of WV speakers.

that horn looks suspiciously piezo, and the knobs have a cheap look to them. What's sticking out around the upper left driver?

I could be wrong but these don't look that good.


It appears the "good ones" are spelled with an I, not an O.
StratI as opposed to StratO
Later days some white van companies have used brand names that sound close enough to the well known good brands to fool SOME people.
Not sure if early day white vans used the same type of naming.
 
I got the low down on these. A cabinet maker from Huntington Indiana made a bunch of cabinets and got with the engineers at Pyle since they are headquartered in Huntington as well. The collaboration between the cabinet maker and Pyle Electronics is what you have. STRADOVARIUS is the exact name. They sound pretty good as I have a pair with 12" woofers. I live about a half hour from Huntington and found a guy that was somewhat involved in this and has knowledge of the story behind these speakers. He also printed me a copy of what I believe is the only literature/brochure for these speakers. They are kind of rare anymore and are being sought after around my area in Northern Indiana.
 
It appears the "good ones" are spelled with an I, not an O.
StratI as opposed to StratO
Later days some white van companies have used brand names that sound close enough to the well known good brands to fool SOME people.
Not sure if early day white vans used the same type of naming.
Ya, they did. A friend bought a pair of of "Ventori" speakers in the late 70's from a Stereo store that sold a lot of white van equipment I had never heard of. 16 ohm and all with very cheap screw terminals on the back. The grills were glued on too. The store's name was even generic. "The Stereo Store"
They lasted about 2 years max in the local mall. They probably just moved on to the next town full of suckers. :biggrin: Even being in high school I was buying and reading stereo magazines. Another friend and I would go into that store to laugh at some of the equipment. The salesmen would get pissed and run us off.
 
These weren't white van speakers. They weren't big name, but Pyle is pretty big name. I love these speakers. I am looking for a set of towers.
 
Back
Top Bottom