• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

I had a guy over one night that owns Pioneer HPM 100's and a SX-1250. I showed him my 100's and a SX-850, we listened for a bit and chatted about what great rock speakers they are. I said hey, let me show you the living room system. I put in a cassette tape of Metallica, "Enter the Sandman". Turned my SX-950 volume to about 9:30 tone controls off, and waited for it to hit. After about a minute I looked over at him with his mouth wide open and loudly said "Those Pioneers won't do that." He just nods his head in agreement. With the volume at 12 o'clock the walls end up being the limiting factor, the sound starts bouncing around the room so bad the place to be with the least distortion is hiding in front of one of the speakers.
I cannot sell them, I'll never be able to afford to upgrade.

I'm not clear, you have HPM-100s in both rooms?

I told my wife that when I die I want all of my speakers cremated with me and the ashes blended together.

Good sounds into the next life...

:music:

I understand the sentiment but burning such beauties is a crime!
 
My MB Quart Vera towers, S530 bookshelf, Terra ceramic sub/sat system. What can I say, I love MB Quart sound!

Also high on the list is my Tannoy Monitor Gold 12's and Polk SDA 1C's.
 
I will never sell my Magneplanars. They reproduce the best midrange I have ever heard. It is like a singer or guitar player (especially acoustic) is right there in the room. My Maggies don't throw out a lot of bass, but hey, that's what subwoofers are for.
 
I would never sell my pair of Sansui SP-2000s (ported). They sound lovely, don't know why, they are 38 years old.

Also I have a 38 year old pair of Sansui AS-100s (acoustic suspension) speakers I would never sell. Darn near 99% mint cabinets too. I really enjoy those little speakers. Never tiring...you can listen to them all day and all night long. No probs. Great sound too. Good base and great treble. They sound quite nice really. They are definite 'keepers'!
$9.98 at the Goodwill! :>)
 
Well, I've got these fabulous Kirsh speakers. I got a great deal on them from some guys I met at Home Depot. The speakers were left over from a job they were doing and couldn't take them back to the wholesaler, so their loss was my gain. What can I say? I know a good deal when I see one. Imagine, brand new $1200 Kirsh's for only $200. Did I make out like a bandit or whut???

I'd never sell them. :D
 
Jeez. I can't say there are any I'd NEVER sell, but the ones I'm grappling with right now are the ADS L810s, the B&W 602s and the Genesis 2+. But I sure don't need all three on my main system.
 
I can't see myself ever parting ways with my Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage – I might just buy a new house so I have a larger and more worthy room for them :D.

Alberto
 
Shahinian Obelisk

I sold my Shahinian Obelisk and I still regret it. They have to be one of the best sounding speakers made, especially for Jazz and Classical music.
 
Good Evening, Friends,

Well, it took me about 25 years to get them, but I finally bought a lovely pair of JBL L300's, and I dearly love them! Who knows what will happen in our lives, as time passes. But, I'd be hard-pressed to sell them, that's for sure! They are simply outstanding, sublime, and sensational!! :thmbsp::D:yes: Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc
 
I will never sell my Magneplanars. They reproduce the best midrange I have ever heard. It is like a singer or guitar player (especially acoustic) is right there in the room. My Maggies don't throw out a lot of bass, but hey, that's what subwoofers are for.

I heard a pair on tubes for the first time last week, very nice indeed.
 
I may never sell my VMPS FF3 SRE speakers, I just upgraded the midrange panels which ran $1500 so for one thing I may never get that investment back on top of typical re-sale value. My main reason tho is more because they are near 6ft tall and weigh 310lbs each and require 2 amps for power.
I bet I would give them to a friend or somebody who needs a break in life before I went thru the hassle of trying to sell, move, package, and insure these big beast's.
 
Fostex GZ-2000 speakers. One pair of 12 world wide. These were prototypes to the 2001 series. Very detailed, and excellent bass.
 
Cool, planar drivers are awesome.... they look a bit like some stuff from Infinity... the drivers at least.

Picked up at a pro audio shop who was selling for a friend. Not sure how he acquired them, but I spoke with a fellow who worked for Fostex in wester Canada, and he indicated that 12 pairs of these were made and shipped worldwide to test the market ect, I have one of the pairs.

These are similar to Infinitys although the panels are push/pull panels. Very detailed and excellent bass. The bass driver does not have a surround (so I will never have to redo them) :)
 
Back
Top Bottom