• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

Speakers you won't sell

Have to say my mint JBL Jubals. with my Accuphase P300-C200 its a great combo Also my BA 400's very smooth not a power speaker and under rated :music:
 
I thought I would never sell my Klipsch Chorus, but I sold them last week.

My Altec 601 12" duplex speakers in a nice kit cabinet (both drivers and cabs from the mid-70's) is a unique and sweet-sounding setup. Very lucky to find these - I don't think I will ever sell them.

Cheers, Snade
 
Never say never. I've learned that much, anyway.

Ed Zachary!!
That's what I thought with my JBL 4311s, but between all the speakers that I scrounge, the ones I hear at AKFest and SMAC meetings, and changing musical tastes, things happen.

But right now, my La Scalas and the EPI 500s aren't going anywhere, but then again Bauhausler is checking out those Cornwalls about 10 miles away..........:scratch2:
 
Never say never. But, I don't see me parting with my Large Advents, Polk 10a's or Spica TC 60's anytime soon. Add to that my NHT Superzeros and A/D/S 590's are staying too.
 
As romeo Void sang.... "Never....say neverrrrrr"....

But-

It would be hard to part with the Dahlquist DQ-10s most of all.

I imagine my AR 9LSis would be second.

Then third/fourth, a tie- the ADS L1230s, along with the Boston Acoustics A200s.

Then fifth/sixth- another tie- the Boston Acoustics A150s and the ADS L630s.

I don't own a pair, but the borrowed DCM Timewindows easily would make the list as well.

If I owned Allisons, IMFs, Frieds, Thiels or Vandersteens, they'd all be keepers too.
 
According to my wife, I'd never sell ANY of my speakers... I just keep gathering.

Truth, I doubt I'd sell my Mission 700s (or sentimental reasons), and maybe not my Frazier Mk Vs (damn things are just too hard to come by), or my AR-3as (just too classic).

My favorite speakers, the Cornwalls, could be replaced by some K-Horns.
 
Never say never. I've learned that much, anyway.
The speakers I am most likely to keep until I die (how's that?) are the AR-5's. :music:

Lots of other stuff in the house that is quite good - but not quite as hard to find.
 
Never say never. I've learned that much, anyway.

After 34 years of ownership, I don't think I can ever bring myself to part with my ADS/Braun L-710A's. Living in a cramped Manhattan apartment, I almost considered selling them when I got my Vandersteen 2C's. However, I was tremendously lucky and happened across 4 NOS 7" woofers to replace the foam rotted originals. When I hooked them up to test the replacements, my wife came out to the living room and said, "You can never sell them!":yes: Even though they currently live beneath the dining room table, there's always the chance to move to bigger space and set up a second system that they will anchor.
 
Me I don't have any never's....
I want to experience as many different sounds as possible before I die or lose my hearing. That makes everything "liquid" in my collection.



Bill
 
Dad's Jensen Sigma 12" triaxials. I am drooling to build the new quartersawn oak cabinets and get them out of those fugly plywood boxes. "All in good time, my pretty, all in good time!"

Probably not the highest fidelity available, but a family heirloom.
 
I won't say never either. But highly unlikely I would ever sell:
Realistic Mach 2s - like the bass response in these too much!
Polk 7Bs - do I really need to explain?
EPI M150s - cabinets are too darned pretty, sound great too.

Would love to have a set of Dahlquist Dq10s!
 
Speakers I'd like to have? That's a tough one. I've had a lot of them and most have gone away. There are speakers I'd like to listen to but don't want to have to live with like Altec A5s. I guess I'd probably like to have a pair of Kef 105s and I'm pretty sure I'd like them. That said, I've had opportunities to buy them in the past and not gone for it, so maybe I don't want them after all.
I understand that there are some outstanding Edgarhorns that would probably meet my needs, but I haven't heard any. If I was going to make a significant investment in new speakers and didn't care about the size issue I'd probably look in that direction.
 
Would never sell- my Boston A-150s and Allison Sixes.
about a 99.9% chance of never selling- some refurbed A-40s. It crosses my mind to sell them occasionally and then I use them and change my mind.

The jury is still out on my Paradigm Titans. They do their job well, and you haven't heard them' 'til you've hooked them up to an old tube amp.

Speakers I can't want to get them out of my house- Bose 201 Series IIs. I thought the direct-reflect thing would be good for the kitchen. The highs are not too bad actually, but they suck in every other way!

What I would get and most likely never sell- EPI towers, DCM Timewindows, DQ-10s are what I hypothesize I would enjoy enough to always keep.
 
If I got my hands on a pair of nicely finished Lambda Unity horns in a cabinet with a pair of TD-15X speakers per side and I'd be hardpressed to sell them for less than the price of a new car. They wouldn't have run that much new, but they sure performed as well or better than anything I have heard on the market at many times that price.
 
Big Bozak's

I will never sell my Bozak Symphony's. Because the bass is unbeatable and the treble does not scream at you unless the source calls for it. Big accurate sound, from a whisper to way past painful listening levels.
 
Back
Top Bottom