• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"Stand!" album.

gagelle

Super Member
I picked up Sly and the Family Stone "Stand!" record for a few bucks. Some light scratches but incredible sound quality for such an old album. Wonderful drum solo at the end. Man, that album rocks. I felt like the band was in my room.
 
Register to hide this ad
those Sly LPs are a great example of well thoughtout arrangements which when combined with a good recording engineer make for better sounding records.
 
Stand-Sly & the Family Stone

Sly & the Family Stone were a thrilling live band to see perform in the late 60s.
 
Sly & the Family Stone were a thrilling live band to see perform in the late 60s.

I could imagine--Everyone dancing-- It must have been spectacular. I have to clean that album. The grooves are full of grit. I like the part after a song where Sly says "That just blew your mind" and then laughs. He knew he was good.

I also keep thinking about what it was like to be in the audience for The Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore East recording. I remember when everyone was playing that album. The old analogue pressing sounds much better than the new 180 gram pressing, IMHO.
 
Last edited:
Funk at it's definitive best. You weren't a Southerner or college student without blaring the Allmans loudly at ear shattering levels. Party time! Still fun to this day and still love both often!
 
Back
Top Bottom