I would:
look all over for a fuse.
Trace the lamp wire to where it gets power.
Make sure someone didn't put the wrong type of lamps in. (I have seen fuses in place of fuse style lamps)
i’ve thoroughly check the fuses, theres a 2 fuse underneath but its not for the lamps. i put 7 new lamps in total incluiding the vu's, all new, 8 volts but still not working
Is the balance slider in the middle under the large volume knob? In the advert it's far right...... maybe that's why we don't see too many of them?
Just to dismiss the obvious, have you switched the selector to radio?
But the board just has a VR designation. To measure the pots I would need to remove the power amplifier from the housing. Which is a lot of work sadly. And because it's all soldered wires it's easy to break them.
I'd rather not go down that road unless absolutely necessary.
I think a schematic would be necessary, best would be a service manual. Otherwise it will be like pissing in the dark.
One trimmer is protection. Probably a 500 ohm. Likely followed by a diode.
One trimmer is bias , likely a 1K or such.
One trimmer is center voltage, likely a 10K/20K or such.
The bias and center voltage is simple and in fact you check the settings with a DMM - no need to adjust trimmer (unless there is a misalignment.)