• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Struck Gold at the Thrift Store!

DanTana said:
PJ, How much of that profit will you be donating to AK?

I'd be surprised if he donated anything judging by his greed that's seeping out onto AK. I hope he proves me wrong though. :yes:
 
DanTana said:
PJ, How much of that profit will you be donating to AK?


Whao...Dan, what the heck is that?!?! Does he need to? Have you? How much? How much is enough and when is it not enough? Those words were picking for a fight if you ask me. The guy explained his side, it's seems legit. He has every reason to buy stuff cheap and resell them - more than half the AK'ers do just that - and bolst about it too. I'll bet not too many AK'ers, vintage or otherwise, have donated to the forum, surely not me. Donating is not a requirement, this isin't a club. Sure, I wish this forum had the capital to staff and run the joint efficiently, and having a VOLUNTARY donation is a great step. But REQUIRING a donation is not cool - most all of us would fail on that test. The guy needs to explain to no one what he did and needs no one to justify it to. He's made almost 100 posts, which I feel earns him the respect that we pay everyone else here. He may have a lot to contribute to this place if we give him half the chance, or we can run him off on nothing but assumption. No one has shown this guy any respect here thus far, and that's a shame because we all brag about how freindly the AK bunch are. It don't seem like it from his shoes. Are you mad because he didn't offer the Yammies to you? Or are you mad that he made a nice profit by reselling them? Why are you mad? Since reading the turn this thread has taking has giving me a deep stomache ache about a lot of people here. I just cannot see why every one is shunting the guy.

Pjones, I guess you know by now how volitile some people can get - even when it's not their stuff that you are dealing with. And by the responses and lack of freindship that you've been shown around here I would'nt hold it against you if you were to leave and never look back. I really have to say that there are many, many members here that are truely nice people and support your hobby, but there are also many who have 2 faces. If you stick around I'm sure you'll see this is a great place with many freinds to make - just consider it.

Jimmy
 
Last edited:
Just a thought...

pjones2127 said:
I'm really getting tired of this thread. It's stressing me out. Can we please put it to rest?

Have you considered that the best way to end this thread with any dignity, might be to acknowledge your error, and apologize to the members you've offended?
 
Take part of your $540 profit and buy some anti-stress pills if you're feeling stressed.

"Sure I like to make money, and that is mainly the justification for this hobby."

Case ****ing closed.
 
Since PJ was the one bragging about how much he made, surely he could give back a little to the site that helped him make it. Granted, he didn't offer it here, or an AK member buy it, but surely he wouldn't of known or made anything or as much, if it wasn't for this site. Even a token gesture of a contribution would be nice. Since he basically shafted everyone who offered help, and would of loved a chance to buy his equipment first, he can give something back somehow? Or maybe we are better off without members like him?
 
Caught this thread late in the game. Interesting. I have never sold on ebay, might in the future but would rather sell to an AKer for what I have invested. Not to say I'm opposed to a little profit margin but common sense would dictate not to advertise a great score then try to gain a profit. Bad person, no, bad judgement, probably.

cubdog
 
Being a quite new member here on these forums and now reading this thread makes me want to punch alot of the people here. I can't beleive how selfish you guys are. Why not congradulate him on his find? I don't think that doing what he did was wrong at all. If you found something like that and could make a $500 or so profit, I think that most of you would do the same. I certainly would.
 
mmmmcheese said:
Being a quite new member here on these forums and now reading this thread makes me want to punch alot of the people here. I can't beleive how selfish you guys are. Why not congradulate him on his find? I don't think that doing what he did was wrong at all. If you found something like that and could make a $500 or so profit, I think that most of you would do the same. I certainly would.

Geez, cheese (couldn't resist) did you miss the first page? Many did congratulate him.

Hang around awhile and see if your opinion of the situation doesn't change a little. For that matter, I hope PJones stays, too. I don't think he's a bad guy. I think he just just got off on the wrong foot.
 
mmmmcheese said:
Being a quite new member here on these forums and now reading this thread makes me want to punch alot of the people here. I can't beleive how selfish you guys are. Why not congradulate him on his find? I don't think that doing what he did was wrong at all. If you found something like that and could make a $500 or so profit, I think that most of you would do the same. I certainly would.


So you think most of us would do the same thing? Dude - did you read any of this thread, or are you trolling by? Great first post by the way. :yikes:
 
Nothing like coming out swinging mmmmcheeseman. Don't think I have seen a first post quite like yours. Clearly you don't have a sense of what AK is about. I suggest you spend a great deal of time reading and learning.

Somehow you managed to miss most of this thread. He was congratulated many times and...nevermind. Why don't you go back and read it.


Terry
 
mmmmcheese said:
Being a quite new member here on these forums and now reading this thread makes me want to punch alot of the people here.

Settle down, youngster. Listening to some of these old codgers might save you some hassle in the end.
 
My 2 cents -

AK is for the enjoyment of audio, not the bragging of the profits one makes selling audio. There is nothing wrong with buying and reselling, but as someone said, you should find a forum for Ebay sellers to brag about your success in the Ebay selling business.

It's like having a forum for dog owners vs a forum for dog breeders (no, this is not a veiled insult, you pervs!)

Seeing as he is in the Ebay selling business, and he turned to AK for information to help him sell, and small donation ($5?) doesn't seem out of the question.

Helping your neighbor build a barn takes on a whole different vibe if the neighbor then turns around and sells the barn the next day!

Jim
 
Jim H B said:
Helping your neighbor build a barn takes on a whole different vibe if the neighbor then turns around and sells the barn the next day!
Jim

Now THAT would really tic me off! Perfect analogy. - Mark
 
Building a barn? Driving a nail perhaps.. Perhaps I should make a donation to the thrift store...

Anyway, I'm happy with the outcome. The buyer is from Dallas. He doesn't want to tuner or tape deck, so i'll put them up next week unless someone here is interested.
 
Back
Top Bottom