• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Struck Gold at the Thrift Store!

Interested in you finding another forum to peddle your wares and questionable behavior? You bet!

How about somebody change the name of this thread to "Struck Gold at Ebay" or even better, "Struck Gold at the Expense of AK Knowledge....but It's Not Likely to Happen Again!"

Cat is OUT THE BAG.
 
Last edited:
pjones2127 said:
Building a barn? Driving a nail perhaps.. Perhaps I should make a donation to the thrift store...
Given that the Wharfedales sold, albeit off-ebay, have you followed through with this commitment, as posted in this thread?

TA, Phil hasn't changed his colours, from first post till now. He's enduring more scrutiny, now, with these results.
 
I've tried to take the high ground here. I can't tell you how many raves I've typed up then discarded regarding this thread. Now I'm pissed and the gloves are coming off. I'm gonna get down on your level.

You guys assert that you've given me something and I've taken advantage of you. Lots of you congratulated me on my find, but the only useful information provided in this thread was from Bolly who provided the specs for the M-2 and Yamahammer and Yamaha b-2 chimed in with some good general information. I appreciate their positive contributions. (Funny that none of those guys are bitching at me.)

It's funny that the suggestion of a contribution to the thrift store angered you when that obviously would be the most morally upstanding thing to do. I'm greedy?????

Now let's examine the contributions of Toasted Almond, Trext, Squidward, colortaker, and luvinvinyl who are so are so jaded that I've squandered all of the valuable information they provided:

Toasted Almond said: "And it gets real quiet as the Yamaha lovers all lick their chops, and wonder just how high will the price be." He also suggested that I offer it to the AK Yamaha lovers (of which he is not one).

How is selling something on ebay any different? Isn't that offering it to everyone? :scratch2: Or did you mean I should take less for it out of some alligience to sour-pusses like you? Had someone emailed me and asked to purchase that equipment for a reasonable price, I would have gladly sold it. Ebay and PAYPAL are leaches, but it's the only game in town.

Trext demanded photos and said: "Sweeeeeeeet!!! Might be the find of the year for an AKr. $60, I still can't beleive it." He also suggested I make a list of everything that was wrong and go looking for answers on the web. (I thought that's what I was doing)

Squidward provided nothing other than generally rude comments. :thumbsdn:

Colortaker just chimed in to bitch. :thumbsdn: I'm driving the Wharfedales 600 miles to deliver them for free, yet he's sure I'm a real scumbag and can't wait to screw the buyer. (Why don't you take a look at my ebay feedback)

Someone else equated all this wonderful assistance to a barn-raising. Building a barn is a heck lot of work and a huge committment of time and labor. Taking 30 seconds to contribute to a thread is hardly akin to building a barn! It's more like driving a single nail or giving advice on the paint color.

I believe the real reason you're all so pissed off is that I didn't 'give' you this equipment at a discounted price. You think I owe you something? In a word you are JEALOUS. You're like the little brother at the older brother's birthday party who's throwing a tantrum because he didn't get any presents.

I suggest you guys get some therapy. Who gave you the right to speak for other people? Are you such loosers that you actually look for excuses to bully people? I don't see Bolly or Jimmy Neutron in here bitching and they're the ones who actually contributed something positive. You must have a lot of built up anger. Hiding behind a couputer and venting it at me isn't good for your long-term mental state. You need to learn to get along in polite society, to mind your own business, and to develop some respect for others. There are plenty of polite and positive members at AK. This is a forum for the free discussion of audio there should not be strings attached. So far, it seems that some of you are contributing nothing more than NEGATIVE karma.
 
done.jpg
 
Phil, you call me jaded, and say you have squandered all the 'valuable information' I provided. My sole contribution to this thread is quoted, below:

luvvinvinyl said:
Given that the Wharfedales sold, albeit off-ebay, have you followed through with this commitment, as posted in this thread?

TA, Phil hasn't changed his colours, from first post till now. He's enduring more scrutiny, now, with these results.
My question remains unanswered.

My observation, to TA, notes that you have been true to your own code, and have recently become more widely noticed. You ARE the same person who showed up here, some 8+ weeks ago, the very model of consistency. I base this on having read all the threads in which you have posted. I am not criticizing you for your character, merely making an observation. As I am sure you know, not everyone fits into every circle of people, whether in the virtual world, or the real one. You have stepped into a higher-profile, of late, with your posts, and are being noticed by more members. Just as you are free to conduct yourself according to your own personal code, others are free to have their opinion of you. You don't have to agree with those opinions, you don't have to dispute those opinions, you don't even have to care about those opinions. You must recognize, however, that those opinions of your personal code are as valid, to others, as your personal code is to you. I would expect that you aren't going to change, based on those opinions, and would be surprised if you were to do so. You don't have to acknowledge these opinions, either. You can simply put those who hold opinions, with which you do not agree, on your 'Ignore List'. Threads/posts/pm's by those persons will disappear into cyberspace, as if they did not share your virtual world. By the same token, that list works in both directions.
 
PJ, Your obvious more concerned about money than most of us are, if you truly believe the only reason anybody was upset was simply because of trying to get a "deal" as you put it. I don't think anybody here would expect you to sell something for the price you paid unless you had a previous agreement with that person. The reason people are upset is that they helped you, thinking you were going to keep the equipment at first. Then you mentioned offering it here, but before you did, it was on EBay. So what made you change your mind from one of your very early posts of keeping it, then offering it here, then putting it on Ebay instead. You are aware we have a classified section of our own? Frankly, I don't care either way what you do, it was the manner in which you did it. I think 99% of the members of AK are some of the most honest people you will meet anywhere on the internet. I think you fall into the other 1%.
 
Well, I don't think he was dishonest - just in a hurry. He asked a question or two about about it, sort of offered it here, then it was up on eBay about 24 hrs later. He didn't list it in the classified here, which would have given some of us time to gather up the savings, figure out shipping costs, and decide if we could spring for it. He did give a reason for being in a hurry in a post - arguement with the wife about too much gear (which I fully and personally understand...)...For me it's more of an etiquite than honesty thing - he offered it here, then it was up on eBay very soon afterwards. To his credit, he didn't split it up which I think cost him about $200 - I think the buyer got a deal as M-2s and C-2as don't grow on trees (you see way more Pioneer Spec combos than you see these).

Anyway, I'm sad to see it sell and not have me as the buyer....just not the right time to buy a setup like this for me. I also live on the wrong side of the border, at least for getting audio bargains (shipping and taxes would have been over $200US).
 
Colortaker ijust chimed in to bitch. I'm driving the Wharfedales 600 miles to deliver them for free, yet he's sure I'm a real scumbag and can't wait to screw the buyer. (Why don't you take a look at my ebay feedback)

That wasn't me. I never said anything about the Wharfedales. Thanks for trying...
 
pjones2127 said:
I managed to unstick the power button on the amp. I've determined that the rattle I was hearing was due to a bad speaker, not the volume control on the pre-amp as I had feared. I hooked up my cd player and another pair of speakers and it sounds very clean. In fact, with this kind of power, I'm afraid to turn it up too much! I need some big speakers to go with this. I'll keep my eyes open for the perfect match. I'm sorry I sold those JBL Lancers that I found last month. They would have been perfect. If someone out there was really interesting in owning this M-2, C-2a Amp and Preamp, we might could cut a deal. Its way more powerful than I can use here at the house.

Listen you piece of ****. You come here under the guise of wanting information for personal use. Then take the info that the good members give you and try to **** them up the ass price wise ??

So long asswipe ! We do not want or need people like you to leech off of AK. bye bye...
 
I take a break from AK and not one of youse guys dropped us a line. This sort of **** will not be tolerated.

This little bit is for Jimmy and Jimmy alone.

Since you are so fond of criticizing our forum and our rules.

One of the unsaid rules around here from day one has been never to **** where you eat. This guy not only **** all over the place he tried ****ing our good members up the ass without so much as a kiss first.

AK is what is because of the core membership who bonded since day one. They set an example to others who followed. The bar was set high on purpose. If not we would be just like any other site on the net.

AK is NOT a public site. This means its OUR house. It is a privilege to be here and to be one of us. For anyone who does not like it there is the door.
 
Back
Top Bottom