• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Summer New England FrankenFest GTG - Clinton, MA Saturday June 27th

A bit of a hit & run visit for me today but it was good to see this small but hearty gathering of AKers...thank you Frank!

19022325208_75e207916d_c.jpg


19023745199_8763a87f4f_c.jpg


18588504364_7752ba17b3_c.jpg


19023746369_bcce599fd2_c.jpg


19209897245_8ca79b3c90_c.jpg


19209897865_fafe3d2031_c.jpg


19209898435_d7433119c5_c.jpg


19213571751_83ba4c42f1_c.jpg


19213572541_79c6f842c3_c.jpg


19213573211_fee10458f8_c.jpg


19209901945_e84838ffca_c.jpg


19183789726_aac8f417e2_c.jpg


19022264790_f2e6c8759a_c.jpg


And of course, I was so giddy to see Frank's Setton separates, I totally flubbed the shot....boooooooo

19183791286_424b6bbe2a_c.jpg
 
BTW, a pair of those EZ81's came home with me, as well as a couple EF86's and 12AX7's (Mullard-made)...very nice gentleman running that table.

...and in the process, got to meet Wiktor and Oldsmobuick...

Very interesting workshop on the restoration of his AR turntable...outstanding work, he clearly has the patience of Job!









 
Last edited:
As always a fine time -and - a decent turnout for a summer event at about 35-40 people.
We didn't have access to the back room but the hallways, Franks space and the upstairs room provided ample space for our activities.

Thanks as always to everyone who showed up and of course to our gracious host Frank.

The next event will be on Saturday October 17th (not the 24th) in Clinton.
 
Last edited:
Nice to meet everyone, thanks for the turnout upstairs for the AR workshop! Nice to see some familiar faces also. Looking forward to the Halloween Fest! And thanks to Bill for the photos!

P.S. How were those hamburgers so good??

-Nick
 
A big thanks as usual to Frank, Jim, et al for the party and hospitality. Seemed like a really good crowd for a summer fest, too. Managed to come home with less than I brought, for once.

The highlight of the day for me was seeing GD70's mystery/DIY/prototype Wilson clone-ish speakers. Those were quite something.
 
Nice pics! Sorry I missed it this time. See you on October with some freshly restored goodies and some other junk!
 
Thanks Frank for once again hosting a great day! Great bergers too!

I had a blast and a lot of fun getting to demo the Angelica's for you guys.

Good to see all you gents and look forward to October. I'll bring the Scott LK-72 and KLH Six's to demo next time.
 
There is no doubt it must be pretty loud in the shop when PanAm is hauling by those big auto-racks...no wonder Frank needs a least a pair of Voice-Of-The-Theaters in his space, :music:

Couple hundred yards south is where Norfolk Southern (former Conrail, former Boston & Albany) crosses over the PanAm (former Guilford, former Boston & Main)...there was (still is) a big station complex there, must have been a busy hub back in the day...now just a couple branch lines connecting Leominster to Framingham and Worcester to Ayer...
 
Glad to see that the workshops will continue on. With this diagnosis, I do the best I can to even show up, but coordinating or running things are now impossible, methinks.

Good to see you all, see you in October.
 
Last edited:
Glad to see that the workshops will continue on. With this ALS diagnosis, I do the best I can to even show up, but coordinating or running things are now impossible, methinks.

Good to see you all,

Audiodon, so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You are in my thoughts. It is awesome and a demonstration of the strength of your will and mindset for you to even be there, given the circumstances. Godspeed and keep on doing what you love as you can.
 
Glad to see that the workshops will continue on. With this diagnosis, I do the best I can to even show up, but coordinating or running things are now impossible, methinks.



Good to see you all,



Jeez, Don! Had no idea! Will keep you in my thoughts and wish you luck as you squash this diagnosis!
 
Last edited:
Thanks steelglam and Brian. Hadn't planned on announcing in print - that was a slip, just wanted to tell friends face-to-face. Presently on disability. Not in denial, just Not announcing on facebook, etc. Just doesn't seem right to me. Do a walk or throw some ice on your head for me, but the ice bucket challenge is so last year now.


I have some speakers looking for a home that might entertain you Brian. I have to clean out so noone else will have to later.
One pair are some protypes of unlabeled vintage with four 5 inch drivers and a tweeter on each, though the drivers are all trashed now and the other pair are a set of Fried transmission line speakers. I'm into them for a total of $35. Yours if you want 'em.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom