• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-1050 rebuild of working unit

Now I understand where your confusion came from. Their schematics are separate and their description assumes you will know the optocoupler is a single component. I have looked at redcircuits.com projects before and not been motivated to build. Rod Elliot's documentation is usually excellent. If you buy one of his PCBs he provides 'final build instructions' with its documentation (no affiliation) according to info on his site..
I would consider this oscillator project, but it is too complicated for my skills at this time. He says in his literature that he doesn’t have a pcb for this so I would have to design my own and I’ve never designed a pcb before. If I tried to build this, I would almost certainly fry all of the components at least once and there is a reasonable possibility that I could never get it to work properly.
I guess I’ll start working on the next project and call the SX-1050 complete.
Thank you for all of your help.
 
One last question. I have one panel light burnt out. I’m trying to find a comparable bulb. Schematic show 8v 0.3 amp. (I believe bulb type is wedge T-3 1/4?). I figure I would also replace the holders as they are brittle. Did you replace your bulbs and if so, what bulb did you use?
 
I ordered the incandescent bulbs. I’m also working on a SX-3700 so I ordered bulbs for that at the same time as well as the dial pointer for the 838. I’m waiting for then to arrive. Unfortunately for me is after I placed my order, a couple push button lights on the -3700 burned out so I will have to place a second order.

Pioneer got sloppy with the SX-3700. Not nearly as well built as the xx50 series. Much cheaper heatsink and I have some stray wires just draped over other components. Heatsinks on some transistors are cheap also. On a positive note, it has a nice tuner.
 
Back
Top Bottom