• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-1250 problem

steve gibson

Super Member
I reassembled my SX-1250 after some cleaning and now I am blowing the main fuse (12a). Retracing my steps- is it possible to get the power caps reversed or backwards?
 
Register to hide this ad
look for a pinched wire somewheres near any of the screws or boards or whatnot, you re-installed... a thought :scratch2:
 
Retracing my steps- is it possible to get the power caps reversed or backwards?
Sure is...you actually removed the caps?? If there's a possibility they are backwards, that is very bad...those large caps can do convincing hand-grenade impressions when wired wrong...!
It is definitly a short as in hot!
??
 
Look at the conections on the caps

The black dots should be toward the front of the reciever like this + - black dot which is negative the + and then the black dot going from back to front of the reciever.If even one is wrong you can have the problem you describe.
 
Those big caps have vent plugs...if they didn't blow up, and the vent plug is still in place, then you're fine.
 
It is up and running. Thank God for fuses. I marked the caps when I removed them and then could not orient my own marks. Thanks for the help.
 
Back
Top Bottom