• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-780 any known flaky transistors?

qprhooligan

Well-Known Member
I'm going to do a recap on my SX-780 and while I'm at it are there any known problematic transistors or diodes etc. that I should replace while I'm in there?

Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
Not from personal experience, but according to the pros, the 2SA725 and 725 transistors tend to get noisy. The SX-780 has 2SA726s in the tuner section.
 
Be careful changing tuner board transistors if you are not planning on an alignment after.

Routinely change the power supply transistors and power amp board with exception of the outputs if they are working. Be very careful when replacing as the legs can be different on modern substitutions.
 
I'm going to do a recap on my SX-780 and while I'm at it are there any known problematic transistors or diodes etc. that I should replace while I'm in there?

Thanks.

I had experience of one flaky transistor that provides 13v supply (the one nearest the large heatsink). The flake damage was heat related, not design.
 
Back
Top Bottom