• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

sx-950 need help

jeremiah7734

New Member
I have a sx-950 I recapped the power supply and the protect board and got noise polution out the right speaker and the relay keeps clicking on and off
 
Register to hide this ad
Have you checked your work to confirm correct polarity and value (capacitance and voltage) of each new capacitor?

Have you caefully checked your solderig work to assure no bridges, cold joints, etc?

Those are good first steps.

Did the unit operate correctly before you modified it? Do you have a DBT?
 
Also look closely at the wires that connect to each of the circuit boards. They tend to break when you’re fussing about in there.
Next, measure the power supply voltages - refer you the service manual or past posts.

The SX-950 (and 850) are the sweet dpot of the xx50 Range - I resurrected a 950 from a parts unit and am using it in my bedroom system.
 
Have you checked your work to confirm correct polarity and value (capacitance and voltage) of each new capacitor?

Have you caefully checked your solderig work to assure no bridges, cold joints, etc?

Those are good first steps.

Did the unit operate correctly before you modified it? Do you have a DBT?


no it went in protect a lot than after I replaced the caps and adjusted the bious and mossfet it went into protection after 5 to 10 min instead of the first 1 to 2 min
then I recapped the power board and I got a popping crackling noise out of the right channel and it goes into protect after 15 -20 sec
 
Also look closely at the wires that connect to each of the circuit boards. They tend to break when you’re fussing about in there.
Next, measure the power supply voltages - refer you the service manual or past posts.

The SX-950 (and 850) are the sweet dpot of the xx50 Range - I resurrected a 950 from a parts unit and am using it in my bedroom system.
the power supply voltages are
2) 8.3
3) 8.3
4)13.1
5) 13.1
6) 49.3
7) 49.3
8) 34.6
9) 34.7
10) 34.7
11) 26.6
12) -0
13) -12.8
14) -49.2
15)-17.9
 
Generally not a good idea to confuse a recap with repair.

Check your work first, as described above. Recapping dd not solve your problems, but may have added to them.
 
Back
Top Bottom