• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sylvania tube question...

parkerdom

I am blessed.
Subscriber
Hi, all... I got some single 6SN7's in a trade. One of them is a Sylvania, but I've never seen markings like this. Otherwise it looks like a Sylvania. Please help, friends... thanks. :)
 

Attachments

  • 100_0947.JPG
    100_0947.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0948.JPG
    100_0948.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0949.JPG
    100_0949.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 55
Register to hide this ad
Thank you all for your replies, but I should have been more specific. I have no doubt that it's of Sylvania manufacture. The writing on top I've seen before. I found many Sylvanias with the same tube construction, but I couldn't find on the Internet any other Sylvania with the tube designation, brand, "MADE IN U.S.A", and letter codes on the base. I'm mainly interested in what factory and when it was made. And, I'd like to find another with the same markings on the base (different letter codes would be acceptable). :)
 
....... but I couldn't find on the Internet any other Sylvania with the tube designation, brand, "MADE IN U.S.A", and letter codes on the base. I'm mainly interested in what factory and when it was made. And, I'd like to find another with the same markings on the base (different letter codes would be acceptable). :)
Yes, a little unusual to have all this info on base, but not rare. A lot of military tubes have tube type + more on the base.
There is a similar Sylvania on epay now. Not identical, but:
lay1ElevIj-7t3v_wzBGOyh_lDdZ1VYKmeO4ZEsblRMG4svU-kvLEnS1Kks5y--r7WOqWrha8x_BklURCiwhdfrWg7LkDnk0o4OAPlCeWAuDoj5zcN2Vijtr0Uq9EcXDm9oh4Rd-GR1a2P4mgTYKcio

If you are patient, you should be able to find another with same label.
I cannot tell you what the letters/codes mean. I don't think I have ever seen a key for these symbols
 
Back
Top Bottom