• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Teac 360A

Dumbjim

New Member
Hi folks, Does anyone know where I might find a tutorial on changing the belts on a Teac 360A cassette tape deck? Thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
There are no such things- the service manual is all you really need and sometimes they are available online. The Model is A360 there was no 360A. It is from back in the mid 70's and was the cheaper version of the A450. I have serviced a lot of them back in the 80's when I was a Teac and even before that.
 
Once you disassemble it (these old-style toploaders were always easy to take apart), it's fairly simple to locate and remove the belts. I believe there are 3 or 4(?) belts in total, and it's a basic swap. You can do it, trust me.

The design of this machine is straightforward and you just need a screwdriver. If you truly get stuck, you can find the service manual online, but you shouldn't need it.
 
There are 4 belts. One is "kind of" hiding in the multiple roller/puller assembly that runs FF and RWD. Be care to route the new one EXACTLY like the

originalupload_2022-1-29_12-3-50.jpeg
 
Back
Top Bottom