• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Teac opinion

ssmith3046

Super Member
I would like to get some input from the TEAC folks out there. I have a Nak RX-202 and would like to add a TEAC cassette deck to my collection of vintage gear. What do you think was the best TEAC cassette deck made?
 
Register to hide this ad
The C series (1/2/3) decks come up for sale regularly and are well regarded. They are of late 70's design and have more of the Technics look to them. Another to be on the lookout for is the V-970X which is from the late 80's.

I'm sure others with chime in with

Regards,
TB
 
Thanks TB. I'll probably pass on the TEACs in the long run and pick up another Nak. I've been looking at Dragons. What a better way to blow a tax refund.
 
If your looking to step up from the RX, I'd skip the Dragon and get a CR-7A. Here is a good thread to help you on picking your next Nakamichi.

Regards,
TB
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the Nak thread TB. I've done alot of reading on the Dragon and CR-7A. Your comments on the CR-7A, especially coming from an owner, are very helpful.
 
Best Teac cassette deck was their professional market sibling Tascam. The 301 Mk II or III is the best Tascam deck made. They ceased production 4 years ago. Look for one. Parts still available too. :tresbon:
 
In my opinion, the best ever Teacs were the V-7010 and the V-8000. These are actually the same deck, except that the V-8000 has Dolby S. Truly stunning sounding decks!
 
In my opinion, the best ever Teacs were the V-7010 and the V-8000. These are actually the same deck, except that the V-8000 has Dolby S. Truly stunning sounding decks!

I have seen both the outside and inside of Erik's V-7010 and I can tell you they are stunning and built like a friggin tank!!! I also had the fortune of having a night of listening to this deck and let me tell you, if it ever goes on the market I will be first in line, absolutely stunning sound, deep clear articulate bass, warm and rich yet no lack of detail throughout all frequencies, truly an audiophile piece!!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom