• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Teac A-4010S Motor Oil Location

cferry1

Active Member
Hello -
TEAC model A-4010S R2R.

Where are the motor oiling holes for the Capstan and Reel Motors ???

Pictures attached - upon this forum entry.

Thanks for your suggestions, in advance,
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190120_070713082.jpg
    IMG_20190120_070713082.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20190120_070122528.jpg
    IMG_20190120_070122528.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 42
Register to hide this ad
I have a 4010 SL. It has tubes. You may have to take off your faceplate to get access to the holes/tubes. They might be closer to the spindle.
 
Greetings from RojoLand!

I have responded to your previous thread. It's probably not allowed to put up multiple threads on the same issue here.

And Jonny Ramone is correct; you DO have to remove the front cover ("faceplate") to access the oiling locations. Please acquire and read the service manual (available at HiFi Engine). Note that there are several versions of the deck, thus several versions of the manual.

[EDIT — I see you have *a* manual — don't know if that's a service manual, or if correct for your machine, but it does show oiling locations.]

Take care,
—
J. E. Knox "The Victor Freak"
 
For the record, my A-4010S has the tubes mentioned above on front side, under the cover plate, for the reel motors. The capstan motor has a hole in the case on the back side under the fan (photo - you have to pull the fan to get at it). I suspect the front side also has a hole in the case under the pully, but I haven't removed the pulley yet to find out . . .
 

Attachments

  • 20210530_101157.jpg
    20210530_101157.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom