• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics SL-1200 series as an audiophile turntable?

Yeah, JH, I'm with Autobot....can't wait either!!:banana:

Rick

Just got it up & running. Very easy set up with the shure. Sounds great! Very happy with it, PCNation did a great job. Fresh in the box, Shure cartridge sounds nice. Family night here, can't wait for everyone to leave so I can crank it up!:banana:
 
Just got it up & running. Very easy set up with the shure. Sounds great! Very happy with it, PCNation did a great job. Fresh in the box, Shure cartridge sounds nice. Family night here, can't wait for everyone to leave so I can crank it up!:banana:

to own a 1200 is to love a 1200........:music:
 
It is built like a tank, nothing danty about it! Looks good though, good quality very clean.:guitar:
 
Just got it up & running. Very easy set up with the shure. Sounds great! Very happy with it, PCNation did a great job. Fresh in the box, Shure cartridge sounds nice. Family night here, can't wait for everyone to leave so I can crank it up!:banana:

...sometimes life DOESN'T suck... :thmbsp::D

ENJOY!!
 
Just got it up & running. Very easy set up with the shure. Sounds great! Very happy with it, PCNation did a great job. Fresh in the box, Shure cartridge sounds nice. Family night here, can't wait for everyone to leave so I can crank it up!:banana:

Aw the smell of new electronics, nothing like it.

Enjoy the new table.
 
I thought there was someone else that just bought one



Has yours arrived yet?

Unfortunately it hasn't! I ordered the TT and cart last week from Ritz Camera. After four days and no ship date was given I called several times and they kept telling me it would ship any day....:nono: Well last night I called and canceled the order!

I then placed the same order last night with PCNation. I ended up saving over $50.00 and it shipped last night too.....same day service, doesn't get any better than that!:thmbsp:

I should have it tomorrow or Thursday. I'm very excited :banana:and will give my review shortly after.

John
 
Yes....please let us know when it arrives....I am thinking of going the PCNation route to get an M5G also!:yes:
 
04-15-2009, 09:15 PM
My 1210 M5G shipped today from PCnation for $416.00 and free shipping. Also have Shure M97xe on the way! Can't wait!:banana:

Yesterday, 07:47 PM
Just got it up & running. Very easy set up with the shure. Sounds great! Very happy with it, PCNation did a great job. Fresh in the box, Shure cartridge sounds nice. Family night here, can't wait for everyone to leave so I can crank it up!:banana:

Yes....please let us know when it arrives....I am thinking of going the PCNation route to get an M5G also!:yes:

Looks like it ships pretty fast from PCNation.

To this date since I bought my M5G 5 years ago for 450.00 which I thought was a steal back then. I have never seen the M5G ever sold at the low price PCNation is selling it for...never ever.

i'm glad i didn't order from ritzcamera. i had a feeling that's how it would go.

still waiting on my cart though :gigglemad

they should be on Amazon instead of ritz camera...And being on Amazon I would have thought they would be OK, just goes to to show "Caveat emptor"
 
Last edited:
Funny thing about Ritz Camera-

I asked them for Photo-Flow, and they asked if it was a new software.

I said it was film camera developing chemicals.

I was then told no stores carried film developing supplies any more. All digital.


Definitely a new world....
 
Funny thing about Ritz Camera-

I asked them for Photo-Flow, and they asked if it was a new software.

I said it was film camera developing chemicals.

I was then told no stores carried film developing supplies any more. All digital.


Definitely a new world....

They declared bankruptcy in February, IIRC, and a few here in Chicago I've noticed are going out of business, though I don't know if it's all of them. It's hard to be a camera store, I guess, when you've decided to sell the same stuff that people can buy at Wal Mart and Target, and get it there for cheaper.
 
They declared bankruptcy in February, IIRC, and a few here in Chicago I've noticed are going out of business, though I don't know if it's all of them. It's hard to be a camera store, I guess, when you've decided to sell the same stuff that people can buy at Wal Mart and Target, and get it there for cheaper.

I'm honestly amazed they lasted this long.
 
How about the spindle oil for these Technics tables?....Since everyone says the factory supplies barely enough to get by with is there a suitable substitute without purchasing the Technics branded oil??
 
How about the spindle oil for these Technics tables?....Since everyone says the factory supplies barely enough to get by with is there a suitable substitute without purchasing the Technics branded oil??

Don't use 3-in-1.

Sewing machine oil will work.

But, at under $15 delivered, a bottle of the technics specific oil should last you at least 15 years, so you're spending less than a dollar a year to keep your turntable properly lubricated to spec, and working properly.

That's cheap insurance and cheaper than spending $35 on a new spindle due to improper care.
 
Unfortunately it hasn't! I ordered the TT and cart last week from Ritz Camera. After four days and no ship date was given I called several times and they kept telling me it would ship any day....:nono: Well last night I called and canceled the order!

I then placed the same order last night with PCNation. I ended up saving over $50.00 and it shipped last night too.....same day service, doesn't get any better than that!:thmbsp:

I should have it tomorrow or Thursday. I'm very excited :banana:and will give my review shortly after.

John

Just a update:

Received both items today! :banana: I really won't get a chance till the weekend to give it a good going over but I will give my review then.

:thmbsp::thmbsp: for PCNation! Super service super price and super duper fast shipping!
 
Back
Top Bottom