• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics Sl-5300

Register to hide this ad
I have two sl-5200s, love them both but one has a bent arm. Both were defective when I purchased them - runaway speed - but both have been repaired in that regard. If you get the 5300, check the solder joints on the FG circuit, where the output is connected to the circuit board. If they look fatigued, take some time to reflow them or even replace the metal wires/posts between the fg coil and the circuit board.
 
Late reply, but I love it, and I've put quite a few quid into it! Currently running a Sumiko Moonstone, splashed out £160 for some MNPCTECH feet, which are absolutely wonderful, and, finally, a binge kit from Art Of Vinyl. The springs on the original feet were utterly buttered after about a year. I got my SL-5300 in June 2022; some slight cosmetic damage, and a crappy headshell, apart from that it was great--£140 refurbished and PET checked.

I have a Sumiko Rainier I was running for about a year, and I have the Pearl on my Hitachi HT-354. It's running really low, though, so I think some tinkering is in order!

Happy Holidays to one and all! Cheers!
 
Back
Top Bottom