• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Good morning, y'all! It's cooling off to 95 here today. I have to fix a carpet-to-tile threshold in the rental property this morning before the tenant trips and falls on her face and sues us for everything we've got. So, a trip to the hardware store with a bonus stop at the Post Office to mail a record is is on tap. Nothing else is planned. Take care, everyone, stay cool and have an awesome day!
 
Hope you are all well and feeling the zest of being alive brings to you this Monday morning! Saturday around 5pm I to a drive up to metro animal shelter to see if my cat was there, he was not. Filled out a missing animal report, drove home and got the the door where sat a very angry cat! He was puffed up and looking very grumpy. Needless to say , he was very happy to get in the safety of his home and a good meal in him. He is a little leary of the outdoor world he loves, and stayed inside till last night . My other two cats also showed no interest in going out, like it he isn't going out neither am I. I don't know what had him cornered or where. I believe there are more dogs in the neighborhood, he knew where it was saft eo go but that has apparently changed , there goes the neighborhood, I believe crime has pick up in out fair city , with all the new arrivals it was bound to happen. I'm just glad he's home and healthy. He came in this morning, ate and retreated to the basement where he like to sleep .

Two more hot days expected here with a change coming on Wednesday with highs dropping to the 80's , maybe even some rain. I'm tired of red flag warnings in the forecast and Wyoming sensitive climate needs restored.

Tired of the rhetoric constantly bombarding us on the tube. At least there's one organization exposing the truth about these candidates, rich folk with only a political agenda trying to get elected. They could care less about the people of Wyoming, We are being invaded !!! I suggested to someone there should be a law here that candidates must have lived in the stated for 10 years before they are allowed to run for office.

I feel crap today, my auto immune condition senses the changes in the weather and punishes me. The medication I have that works has been made hard to get by government intervention into our medical community. So every day I have to evaluated how bad I want to be productive or just ride it out as a vegetable on sofa, nothing else is safe as am counterproductive when this happens if I don't take medication the was readily available just a few years ago. Makes me feel like my county is trying to kill me because I am no longer productive. Sad, but true. Anyhow, I will survive in spite of the odds against me. I am empowered by my faith, which can't never be taken away from me. Hope you all have a wonderful filled with the best thing life has to offer. john
 
Good morning! Sunny and upper 80s F for the walk, going to 98.

Scattered storms came through last evening, prompting scattered short storm and flood warnings. More storms expected this afternoon.

New incoming fiber optic company is out blocking sidewalks on one side of the feeder street, pulling 4 different colors of cable and burying big junction boxes.
Around the corner, a huge palo verde is getting a trim to remove limbs that spread dangerously over the house.
A load of sheets today, landscaper coming to replace the leaky irrigation tube, that's about it.

Have a great day!
 
Good morning, 69°F/21°C, high thin clouds (really forest fire smoke from West), air still, but dew point 69...sticky and muggy. Did not get any rain the radar showed.

Wife babysitting all day for granddaughter, but I've got the lawn to finish mowing so will stay occupied for a while. Really should change mower's oil...

Yawn! Keep safe everyone, hope the fires aren't too close to you.
 
Good morning. It’s 66°F heading to the mid-90s. I’m heading out to meet my friend for our weekly 7-1/2 mile trail run. After that trip to the hardware store for a few items. I am installing some old tile I have on the side of a porch at the other house to both use up the tile and dress up the porch. I have a running club meeting tonight. That should be interesting as I am being edged out of the club. The latest is that I am no longer getting the emails with the meting agendas. I may make a statement.
 
Tired of the rhetoric constantly bombarding us on the tube…

I eliminated the tube from my life many decades ago, like about 30 years. I also quit going to movie theaters. I never watch TV, movies, sports, streaming, you name it. My mental health drastically improved. Yes, it makes me culturally illiterate. I am unable to relate or respond when the conversation is about some show or anything to do with sports. But I have not subjected myself to the 300+ hours of commercials that the average American freely sees. The only thing I do watch is the occasional “how to” video on YouTube when I am trying to fix something.

YMMV
 
Good morning all! Had an excellent dinner last night with our family. Our daughter's birthday is tomorrow, so we celebrated yesterday.

Had an interesting discussion with a patron one table over from us. I made a comment about his shirt and that started a conversation about his life as a kid. Turns out his father was one of the White House cooks during the Kennedy and Johnson administrations. He has a bunch of memorabilia from those eras that he will donate to the Smithsonian when the time comes. Very cool!

Momma has Mahjong this afternoon and I have a dental appointment after lunch. Tonight we're meeting an old college friend for dinner.

Take care and have a great day!
 
Good Morning,

Sun is shining, another nice day in the low 80's.

Bringing lunch to Peter's house again today, along with Tom and John the Bassist. Eggplant parm.
I finished up work on a Harmony H41 Hollywood guitar for Peter. That's the last of my backlog for now, it's been sitting in the rack a few years.
More about it in the 'Let's See Them Axes' thread.

Got the lawn done yesterday. The magneto died in the mower a few years ago, so spark is supplied by the battery. Yesterday I was forced to buy a new battery. The old one no longer held enough of a charge to get the entire lawn down at once.

Not making dinner tonite. I'm having a big lunch, Mrs. has yoga at 6:30, Daughter is on her own.

have a great day,
Cheers

IMG_7466.jpg
 
Good Morning Folks. It is 70f on the damp deck and today's high may reach the mid 80's. It rained overnight which drying out as I type. The never ending head cold dropped into my chest Sunday night and kept me in bed all of yesterday. If the symptoms don't improve by noon it is off the the Dr. The up side is that if I was back in NV the Dr. is 50 miles one way. Here in SD the Dr. is a few blocks away.
Be well folks.
Allan
 
Good morning, y'all! It will get up to 93 with sunshine here today. Sweetie Pie and I went to a town meeting last night. A guy bought a neighborhood property with 2 residences on it and he wants to turn it into a rehabilitation residence for parolees of violent crimes. Apparently, no one (there were 20 politicians, police and sherriffs there) can stop it. One of the problems is that it backs right up to an elementary school, plus there's 3 more schools in the neighborhood. All of the parents are seriously upset. Anyway, it was an interesting dynamic. Nothing on the plate this fine day, think I'll go for an early short walk. Have an awesome day, everyone!
 
Good Morning! Lower 80s F and sun through high thin clouds for the walk, going to 96. T-storms likely in afternoon/evening, a repeat of yesterday.
Fiber optic installers are progressing down the feeder street, there are still connection vaults sitting by the sidewalk not buried yet.

In late evening we had a severe storm cell pass over for 15 minutes, wind, rain, a little hail with the initial wind. Warning said possible 60 mph and quarter size hail, car and roof damage possible. Fortunately it wasn't that intense right here.

There is a fire burning in the Catalinas since the weekend, very likely started by lightning, 84 acres and 50% contained; another in the Rincons north of Saguaro NP East, 8 acres, zero containment. I have the Watch Duty app on my phone, highly reccomend it if there are fire possibilities in your area.

Yesterday: Got the irrigation leak repaired under warranty, What looked like a split tube to me turned out to be drip tube that detached from the main feed.
Today: seeing the lawyer to get my will up to date.

Today is my sister's 80th BD. She said she's celebrating by not mopping floors. In her honor, I'm doing the same. :biggrin:

Have a great day!
 
Another hot one on the way today, I'm cheering on the cold front to push thru today and keep us out of the 90's. the cold front will hopefully calm down some of the wild fires, the smoke with heat is making outside unbearable for my cats! I finally got two of them out and vacuumed the carpet . I'm allergic to cats so get that off the floor was necessary for more than just the fact there of. Off to the grocery store soon, am eating some of the delicious casserole I made to hopefully keep from loading up the cart . Shopping when hungry is not a good idea but my health requires me to eat right if I want to live. Now that I've eaten I feel like crap.I also could use a nap with pain on the increase. Nobody said getting older was easy, nobody in my family ever talked about it, I believe they did that so it could not control you. Well, I'm not just suffering from wear and tear as you've already heard from me. I wish I had more control over it. Hopefully , when the elections are over I can bet the highly beneficial THCa products and other related products that cannabis put on this earth to help us heal are legal to purchase again.

Sorry for the poor writing, I am very comfortable ,so on that note, my best wishes to you and your, flair up member john.
 
Good morning. It’s 66°F going to 83. Looks to be a nice day.

I went to what is likely my last board meeting for our running club last night. I have 2 more to go before elections and I will likely be traveling during those. I did let them know I wouldn’t run again. This is pretty bittersweet as I’ve been involved with the club for 20+ years and on the board for 14 of those. It has always been a big part of my life. I am feeling both sad and angry. I sat silently through last night’s meeting and afterwards I told the president that I’m done because I’ve been left behind on the “group runs” and now find that I’ve been dropped from the email chain that sends us the agendas for our meetings. I told her that I don’t know what I did but I can take a hint.

Yesterday I got about half the tile job done that I’m doing on the other house. The roofers are there and made good progress tearing off everything down to the rafters and getting the new decking on.

Today I’m running to gym for weights and a swim. We meet with our real estate agent at 11am to decide where to go next with this project. It’s gone from a few repairs to lots of upgrades, pretty much a rehab. My accountant wife says we should rent it and make back what we have put into it and then relist it in a few years. I’m a worker bee and sit silent in these discussions.
 
Good morning dear friends!

77° F and mostly cloudy, high 83.

Didn't make it here yesterday.

Monday went much better than I could have imagined. Our hostess had offered to treat us to the fishing trip and she needed to know well in advance who wanted to go. She needed a number of tickets to purchase. So, anyone who didn't sign up on time wasn't going. My gf and I were upset that she couldn't go, but I had to since the money was spent. She came to the hostess's house with me to see me off. Upon arrival, the hostess told us that there was a last minute cancellation and my gf could come with us. YAY!

We did a lot more fishing than I thought we would. My gf didn't catch anything and I caught 4 little throw backs. Oh well. We had a great time. Only a couple of people caught any keepers.

Yesterday was a rather scary day. My gf doesn't have a squeaky clean past. However, I am in love with who she is NOW, not who she used to be. Unfortunately, the law doesn't see her the same way I do. Her evil probation officer tried to get her locked up, but thankfully, the judge saw through the little twerp and put him in his place. So, after 6 hours at the courthouse, my sweetheart is free.

Today, my gf is planning to join us for breakfast at the Egg and I. Not sure exactly what we're doing after that.

God bless you all!
 
Good Morning Folks. It is 72f on the deck, cloudy and the high will be in the mid 80s. Another hot and sticky day here in SD. The only plan for the day is staying cool and dry. My Son and Family are coming by before noon. The reason for the visit is for my Son to help me get my amps and speakers out to the pickup. With age I've learned to ask for help! Once the gear is packed away we are all going to lunch here in town.
Have a great day.
Allan
 
Back
Top Bottom