• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The "I Missed It by THAT MUCH" thread

I was furious. Pioneer pl-518 TT, Auction ended on a Monday night but for some idiotic reason, the pick up day was Friday only. I could not pick up on Friday because of an oncologist appointment. I sat there and watched the buyer win it for 60.00. Auction house was adamant that pickup was Friday only. 7FFF75DE-7013-474A-982B-AE68670B9D57.png
 
Marketplace ad for Jbl L300. Messaged about 30 minutes after posting. Seller said yes still have them. Never heard back, so I asked my wife to message seller just to see. Turns out they were in the same field. Animal rescue. Seller told my wife 'if' you can pickup tonight she would hold them for her. They were posted for 149.00. Over 300 mile round trip later thru Friday rush hour traffic plus a Harmon Kardon Citation 16 amp and 17 preamp for another 50.00. So while i missed them my wife didnt.20211016_162028.jpg
 
I was driving by a local thrift store and from a distance of approximately four hundred yards, spotted a JBL metregon out in the parking lot where they display $10 junk couches and Ikea bed frames.

I had already missed the turn, so about three minutes of aggressive driving later I was standing in front of it. The drivers were all missing, but no big deal - it was in pretty decent condition, perfect structurally with a few scratches and dings here and there. As I was snooping around the back of the cabinet, a yuppie walks out with one of the employees with a statement something like "THIS one HERE" and at that moment our eyes lock, and I recognize that I've lost it...

By THAT much.
 
I have very bad luck.

On Craigspissed I have missed out on a $200 Pioneer SX-1250 for the last 101 weeks straight. WTH?
I legitimately missed out on an SX-1050 for $50 one time. It was local. Legit. Had the guy on the phone and everything. Someone beat me to it.

I'm still sour about it.
 
I legitimately missed out on an SX-1050 for $50 one time. It was local. Legit. Had the guy on the phone and everything. Someone beat me to it.

I'm still sour about it.

I would’ve been bitter too, but Sensei says I must release my angst of opportunity lost and have pleasant thoughts for those who reach enlightenment. Pretty sure he meant st&u you fomo puss and be happy for those who kicked your butt. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Marketplace ad for Jbl L300. Messaged about 30 minutes after posting. Seller said yes still have them. Never heard back, so I asked my wife to message seller just to see. Turns out they were in the same field. Animal rescue. Seller told my wife 'if' you can pickup tonight she would hold them for her. They were posted for 149.00. Over 300 mile round trip later thru Friday rush hour traffic plus a Harmon Kardon Citation 16 amp and 17 preamp for another 50.00. So while i missed them my wife didnt.View attachment 2553601
FB_IMG_1656729500283.jpg
 
We were on vacation last week. Neighbor has a place next to us he uses on the lake rarely. He is here this weekend.
He is also filthy rich.
Came over to our house yesterday afternoon, about 3 hours before we got home. Told me this morning he had a large set of Advent speakers he was throwing away. We weren’t home so he got rid of them. Told me this morning.
CRAP! 1800 when new Advents I could have had for free.
 
It's like an estate or yard sale, something good is there and is coming out and the guy ahead of you has a 1/2 st
We were on vacation last week. Neighbor has a place next to us he uses on the lake rarely. He is here this weekend.
He is also filthy rich.
Came over to our house yesterday afternoon, about 3 hours before we got home. Told me this morning he had a large set of Advent speakers he was throwing away. We weren’t home so he got rid of them. Told me this morning.
CRAP! 1800 when new Advents I could have had for free.

Things you do not need to know!!! :confused:
 
Well, it happened again. I saw an estate sale ad with a Thorens TD-125 with no arm but with the wider armboard for a 12". But more important (to me), hiding amongst the pictures there was an SME box. Sale didn't start til Friday, but the ad said to call if you were interested in anything and they would pre-sell. So I called on Thursday morning and got voicemail. Called back later and got a person who said, "A box marked SME? I don't know what that is... hmmm" So I described it and said it was with the stereo stuff, and then she remembered that someone else already bought it and the turntable. It REALLY sounded like they had no clue what they had, so they probably sold it for $50 or something. As I said to my wife, "This is just the idiot I've been looking for!" And I keep trying to tell myself that it didn't sell after my first call, but of course I'm convinced that's what happened.
 
A few weeks back on craigslist a Sansui 8080 popped up, working, all original, static from controls. $300 firm. The ad had pretty much just popped up it was 7 minutes old. Fired off an email. Got a response in about 20 minutes, Hi there someone is coming tomorrow to pick it up, but if they don't show I will get back ahold of you.

Yep I,,,,,,,,,,,,

missed-it-by-that-much.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom