• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The official AK golf thread

I don't know if this is hysterically funny or just pathetic:

“It’s just my glutes are shutting off,” he said. “They don’t activate, hence it goes into my lower back. I tried to activate my glutes the best I could, but they never stayed activated.”
 
That was funny, Pencil.
Woods is done. Article in the WSJ talks about how guys are embarrassed for him when he plays bad and he KNOWS they are. And he's embarrassed by his own play. You have guys on the tour giving him advice who weren't even golfing ten years ago.
 
Great thread, I hope anyone who plays somewhat regularly has some fun. I haven't played for maybe two years so I'm likely very rusty.
 
Its supposed to be warm enough in Denver for us to play today, tomorrow and Sunday. I'm getting over bronchitis so I probably won't go out, but its going to be nice out for any of you Front Rangers who are so inclined!
 
Ha! Since you can't easily get from Lewiston, Idaho to anywhere, it's already been suggested!

There are short, non-stoppers from Chicago to San Antonio, so the other three clowns are arriving by 11 am, and the first tee time is at 1:30. I've got two options, fly in a day early and spend an extra night in a hotel waiting for them, or do what I'm doing, which is leave here on the last flight out at 7:00 pm, and arrive in San Antonio at 10:00 am the next day. I already told them I'm going to be so exhausted I'll need extra strokes. They lol'ed.

Believe it or not, the previous owner put headlights and tail lights on the cart! Unfortunately, recharging every 36 holes would be a serious problem.

Solar panels on the roof!
 
Mickelson doesn't look much better than Woods. It does seem as if we are witnessing the passing of the torch. While this is inevitable it's a little sad as well. Mostly because it makes me feel old. :sigh:

cubdog
 
1966 US Open winner, Billy Casper, passes away at 83.
Saw him on Feherty one night and became an instant fan.
RIP Billy
 
RIP Billy. I was fortunate to play a round on his home course in San Diego a few years back. He was quite a man and a great golfer.

cubdog
 
Four way playoff in SD. I'll be pulling for Jason Day although I like all four involved. I was sorry to see Lucas Glover implode. I wonder if his injured hand flared up. I didn't see much of his round although I know he was putting worse than I do. That's not good for a pro. :no:

cubdog
 
Pebble Beach Pro Am this week. I'm pulling for Jason Day to make it two in a row.

Any of you lucky enough to have played PB? Sadly, I'm afraid, its out my financial reach but what I would give to have that opportunity.

cubdog
 
Actually, I have played it. And I will tell you, in all sincerity, it's worth it. If you ever have the chance, do NOT pass it up.

It's a golfers' golf course; you do not have to rent a cart, you do not have to take a caddie, you can just walk and play.

From my first phone call to the pro shop, to check in, to the first tee, they were as friendly, down to earth, and easy going as the guy at the local muni.
 
Back
Top Bottom