• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The official AK golf thread

During the glory years of the PB Pro Am there was still a mystique around our celebrities. This tournament gave us common folk a little glimpse into the everyday life of the Hollywood set. Today with 24/7 media coverage on radio, TV, and internet we know more than is probably healthy. We probably know more about the life of Lindsey Lohan than old aunt Betty.

I doubt there is a fix to what is wrong with PB. I for one wish they would just do away with the Pro Am part. I'm guessing that it's a big money maker though so that's not about to happen any time soon.

cubdog
 
I'm curious:

The tournament hasn't changed. Most of the same people who participate EVERY OTHER WEEKEND OF THE SEASON play there.

The only difference is the TV coverage, which seems more directed at the celebrities, except for Sunday.

So whey hate the tournament? You should be hating the TV stations. Unless I'm missing something.............:scratch2:
 
Nope, you're not mistaken. We hate the presentation of the tournament, because the presentation is ruining the viewing and enjoyment for everyone who loves golf.

It's not even about the glitterati, it's about money. The individuals who get showcased and interviewed are related to the sponsoring company, the tv network, the charities, and all of the high dollar groupies.

And, of course, all we care about are the golf course and the swings. That's why so many have mentioned turning off the sound. Unfortunately, you still have to look at B-listers shooting 113.
 
The good: I think Davis will do a good job of keeping the players part of a cohesive unit, and I think the players have some measure of respect for him.

The bad: I know a very capable player who knows Davis personally. He said: "He's as dumb as a box of hammers". :dunno:

With apologies to Ben Crenshaw: "I have a really bad feeling about this".
 
I'm happy to see Retief Goosen having a good week. He's had a back operation similar to one I had so I know how difficult his road to recovery has been.

For anyone who remembers the 2004 US Open at Shinnecock Hills you may also remember the greatest putting exhibition in major championship history. At least I believe it was so. The greens were baked out just this side of a saltine cracker. The display he put on was unlike anything I've ever seen. Good luck Goose!

cubdog
 
nice to see Goosen and Garcia doing well again.

Yes. And I like the man Sergio has become. Seems he's grown up right before our eyes. I'll keep rooting for him.

Another damn 4" of snow yesterday (apologies to Boston). Im sooo ready to get out and whittle down that hdcp.

Anyone else enjoy a few beers on the course?
 
Yes. And I like the man Sergio has become. Seems he's grown up right before our eyes. I'll keep rooting for him.

Another damn 4" of snow yesterday (apologies to Boston). Im sooo ready to get out and whittle down that hdcp.

Anyone else enjoy a few beers on the course?

I never drink on the course. I'm not opposed to it but the idea has never appealed to me. Just keep some Chard chilled for when I get home. :yes:

I'm a Garcia fan as well. I hope he get's that elusive Major this year.



cubdog
 
Interesting result. Not at all what I expected. Well done JH!

Let the Florida swing begin.

cubdog
 
The wind howled, the bear roared and the pros suffered the consequences. It was a rough day at the Honda Classic. More bad weather projected today. Rain early then who knows. Should be fun viewing.

cubdog
 
Just returned from a week at the Mission Inn at Howey-In-The-Hills, Florida. The hilliest Florida golf courses I've ever played. My group found both courses challenging.
 
What kind of putter are you using? My current one is a YES! Stacy center straight shaft mallet. It has a jumbo Salty cork grip. Great feeling putter maybe the best I've ever used even better than my trusty old SeeMore mallet. Really great on slightly off center hits. What's in your bag?

cubdog
 
Ping B60i (Isopur2) w/ oversized Ping grip.
If she acts up I have a few others on deck...
Mizuno/TP Mills #3
Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom
Ping Cushin
Bullseye

They're all on probation.
 
Two more days in the deep freeze. It's suppose to me minus 7 tonight. Then finally spring arrives! :banana: After a few days in the 30s we are looking forward to the 60s. It's been a brutal late winter. Here's hoping we have a great mild spring. I may get out to the course this moth after all. :yes:

cubdog
 
Back
Top Bottom