• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

I've got two PD-F27's. The display on one of them doesn't work and the other one sometimes stops playing, backs up a little bit or stops which I've read happens with a lot of them. I wish one was perfect because I really like them.
 
Being my first Elite piece, it's absolutely stunning in person

I love it when others who are new to the "early elite" get a piece, it just oozes quality. I was hooked when I picked up my A-71. I had the exact same thought, Stunning. And the good thing about the early Elite gear is its not really hit the vintage market yet, so there are not to many folks who hunt for it. Every time I have someone over who is a fellow audio nut, always without fail will ask about the A71. I have had so many offers on that amp. Ill never be rid of it.
 
I love it when others who are new to the "early elite" get a piece, it just oozes quality. I was hooked when I picked up my A-71. I had the exact same thought, Stunning. And the good thing about the early Elite gear is its not really hit the vintage market yet, so there are not to many folks who hunt for it. Every time I have someone over who is a fellow audio nut, always without fail will ask about the A71. I have had so many offers on that amp. Ill never be rid of it.

Well add me to the list of Elite converts. I've been a long time collector of vintage Sansui and Pioneer Euro Black Faced equipment and the Urushi finish is right up my alley. The PD-75 I bought came with an original Elite Catalog that shows most of the gear from the early 90's. I have included info on your A71 if you're interested. Pics attached.
 

Attachments

  • Pioneer Elite 001.JPG
    Pioneer Elite 001.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Pioneer Elite 002.JPG
    Pioneer Elite 002.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 58
  • Pioneer Elite 007.JPG
    Pioneer Elite 007.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Pioneer Elite 008.JPG
    Pioneer Elite 008.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 58
Well add me to the list of Elite converts. I've been a long time collector of vintage Sansui and Pioneer Euro Black Faced equipment and the Urushi finish is right up my alley. The PD-75 I bought came with an original Elite Catalog that shows most of the gear from the early 90's. I have included info on your A71 if you're interested. Pics attached.

I have been looking for specs on the A71 for years, I know its a fancy A-858, (some fool on google posted its the same as the 717... 2 completely different amps) I have not seen this catalog, man I would love to get a copy of that. Thank you ever so much for posting that!

I do have the original box and inserts but I don't have that catalog.
upload_2018-3-30_14-14-41.png

Did have the A71 set up with my Snell E4's but have been restoring some 26's for the past few weeks so running them now. Took that pix yesterday.

Kind Regards,
John
 
Pioneer Elite SC-05

A piece I recently added to my main system that came to me via a trade after having some mid 70's Pioneer gear on Craigs list ( SA-6500II & TX-5500II)
 
Picked this cabinet up a few weeks ago. Is it part of the Elite line? Any info would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2597.JPG
    IMG_2597.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 64
I'm new to the forum but a long term Elite fan. Does anybody know if there is a book or any information available about the history of the Elite line over the years?
 
Some beautiful Elite gear on this thread.

Sold my A91-D last year, but still have these TZ-9 speakers. Like much of the Elite line, the TZ-9s are pretty elusive.
 

Attachments

  • tz-9 1.JPG
    tz-9 1.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 31
  • tz-9 2.JPG
    tz-9 2.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom