• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

The worst song ever recorded?

04blackmaxx

Well-Known Member
I know this is subjective...but there have been some horrendous songs on otherwise good albums from the rock and roll era. I was prompted to create this thread after hearing the great side 2 of Double Fantasy first, and then hearing "Kiss, Kiss, Kiss" and "Give me Something" on side 1. Oh my God, I heard Yoko was terrible but I haven't really listened to it before.

Another song that comes to mind is "Bugs" by Pearl Jam on Vitology.

I know a lot of this crap is "experimental" by established artists who can do anything they want, but for the love of God....:thumbsdn:
 
Register to hide this ad
Hmmm...I like "Bugs".

There are so many to choose from. I'd say "Achy Breaky Heart", "Chevy Van", "Party All the Time", "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy" and "The Heart of Rock and Roll" are all up there on my top ten list.
 
Well, Bob- I think that Chevy Van is OK... so there's that.

I want to grab hold of an axe every time Springsteen's Rosalita is within my earshot.
 
I don't care for the dissonant sounds some call art.

I say no to Yoko Ono, and never ventured too deep into Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music"
 
Lots of stinkers out there. But it's subjective, one man's misery is another's salvation. I get it but since you asked...
For me, the worst song in history is Foreigner's "Feels Like The First Time".
 
"I humbly submit "Bring Me Edelweiss."" Yup - horrid. I've always had an aversion to bad pedal steel guitar but thats an entire genre now so what do I know.....
 
Hmmm...I like "Bugs".

There are so many to choose from. I'd say "Achy Breaky Heart", "Chevy Van", "Party All the Time", "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy" and "The Heart of Rock and Roll" are all up there on my top ten list.

Ok, I threw Bugs in there as an afterthought, atleast Eddie's voice isn't like nails on a chalkboard.

Chevy Van? That song isn't bad! I haven't heard it in ages nor know who sings it. I guess this is more difficult to get consensus than I imagined.

I hope we can atleast agree Kiss Kiss Kiss is terrible.
 
Ok, I threw Bugs in there as an afterthought, atleast Eddie's voice isn't like nails on a chalkboard.

Chevy Van? That song isn't bad! I haven't heard it in ages nor know who sings it. I guess this is more difficult to get consensus than I imagined.

I hope we can atleast agree Kiss Kiss Kiss is terrible.

Sammy Johns.
 
Any rap music...

I like some rap, but I don't put it on my real system or consider dropping coin on a new vinyl copy of the chronic (available at Urban Outfitters BTW). I was just thinking of terrible tracks within within otherwise good or great rock and roll albums from the 70's-present...or whatever.
 
I guess this is more difficult to get consensus than I imagined.

If you imagined a consensus on any question regarding musical taste, you are way off base. :scratch2:
Especially on an audio site, you must know we are all elitist snobs. We can't agree on anything. :no:
 
Back
Top Bottom