• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The worst song ever recorded?

I could probably handle that version of it. :D

Doing the song was my idea and at first the bassist and guitarist were skeptical but after we worked on it a while they saw the merits of the notion and became enthusiastic. I told them to think of Blue Cheer or the Stooges doing the song.
 
I like some rap, but I don't put it on my real system or consider dropping coin on a new vinyl copy of the chronic (available at Urban Outfitters BTW). I was just thinking of terrible tracks within within otherwise good or great rock and roll albums from the 70's-present...or whatever.

The Vinyl issue of Chronic is actually pretty good if you like Drey (and I do). I think there are some songs that are just dated and everyone hates. Stuff like "Muskrat Love", and "Afternoon Delight". What gets me is stuff that my friends like and I can't figure out what they are hearing. There's some wild and weird stuff out there.:yes:
 
Doing the song was my idea and at first the bassist and guitarist were skeptical but after we worked on it a while they saw the merits of the notion and became enthusiastic. I told them to think of Blue Cheer or the Stooges doing the song.

You should have played a whole batch of Ohio Express covers like Me First and the Gimme Gimmes have done with other groups. That would be wild.

I always wanted to hear a punk group do "Love is All Around" from the Mary Tyler Moore Show. I always thought the lyrics could have been about a hooker. :D

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all


How will you make it on your own?
This world is awfully big, girl this time you're all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all
 
You should have played a whole batch of Ohio Express covers like Me First and the Gimme Gimmes have done with other groups. That would be wild.

I always wanted to hear a punk group do "Love is All Around" from the Mary Tyler Moore Show. I always thought the lyrics could have been about a hooker. :D

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all


How will you make it on your own?
This world is awfully big, girl this time you're all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving

Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all

Your wish was answered about 30 years ago, although I would classify them more as Alternative than Punk.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFyy3XB_3Y4
 
Last edited:
I remember that Husker Du version. I thought it was awesome at the time.

My contribution is anything by most of the crop of so called "New Divas" and I will mention Nikki Minaj in particular. Now get off my lawn!
 
Last edited:
You can have a town, why don't you take it

Bit of a Mondegreen there, Bob? I always heard that line as, "You can NEVER TELL, why don't you take it".

Never thought of the hooker aspect until I re-read it just now with that rolling around in my head -- "It's time to let someone else do the giving" -- HA! Poor wholesome Mary. You've ruined her for me.
 
The Vinyl issue of Chronic is actually pretty good if you like Drey (and I do). I think there are some songs that are just dated and everyone hates. Stuff like "Muskrat Love", and "Afternoon Delight". What gets me is stuff that my friends like and I can't figure out what they are hearing. There's some wild and weird stuff out there.:yes:

Yeah, I guess being it was something like the best selling rap record of all time...I could imagine the magic of dropping the needle and hearing "bitches aint ****" on vinyl for the first time on my current setup.
 
Bit of a Mondegreen there, Bob? I always heard that line as, "You can NEVER TELL, why don't you take it".

Never thought of the hooker aspect until I re-read it just now with that rolling around in my head -- "It's time to let someone else do the giving" -- HA! Poor wholesome Mary. You've ruined her for me.

I got the lyrics from an online site, you know how accurate the internet is. :rolleyes: I always wondered about Mary...:scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom