• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The worst song ever recorded?

Roxanne by the Police. I can't turn it off fast enough.

I forgot about this one. Can't stand it.

Other "hits" I can't stand are:

Bohemian Rapsody
Free Bird
Stairway to Heaven

I guess I just have better taste than the masses. :D
 
I guess a debate could start about whether a song is just bad, or it's actually a good song but it is so overplayed that people hate it and don't want to ever hear it again.
 
I forgot about this one. Can't stand it.

Other "hits" I can't stand are:

Bohemian Rapsody
Free Bird
Stairway to Heaven

I guess I just have better taste than the masses. :D

Wow. Just do me a favor then, grab a copy of my reference track Kiss Kiss Kiss from double fantasy and listen to it back to back for the length of time it takes to listen to any of the above three and tell me honestly that it isn't worse. Oh the humanity.
 
Can we nominate things that are so bad they come back around the scale ?

If so, I nominate "Stonehenge" by Spinal Tap. Its bloody hilarious taken in context but if it weren't making fun of music it would suck horribly.
 
Billy Don't be a Hero tends to make me want to throw up a little when ever I hear it on the replays of American Top 40. :puke:
 
Speaking of songs that were actually popular, that "Butterfly Kisses" song used to drive me nuts and id instantly change it. So cheesy.
 
Yeah, I guess being it was something like the best selling rap record of all time...I could imagine the magic of dropping the needle and hearing "bitches aint ****" on vinyl for the first time on my current setup.

I thought Lil Wayne had the best selling Rap of all time, but maybe it was only on CD? I usually confine my rap listening to my shop as my wife doesn't share my taste for and understanding of it. Not a bad little system though, JBL4301s with modded crossovers (near-field) being pushed by a Hafler 200 fed from a Denon Pre and Creek CDP. I wouldn't say it's any better or worse than what's upstairs.
 
I'm surprised that no one got the actual, for real worst song of all time which would be of course Minnie Rippertons LOVING YOU. Followed closely by TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART and the Doors Horse Latitudes. If there is a category for self indulgence, Horse Latitudes is the winner. Hands Down.
 
Last edited:
Can we nominate things that are so bad they come back around the scale ?

If so, I nominate "Stonehenge" by Spinal Tap. Its bloody hilarious taken in context but if it weren't making fun of music it would suck horribly.

Just listened to it, that's a bad "song," if you can call it that. Weird stuff :thumbsdn:
 
Back
Top Bottom