• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The worst song ever recorded?

I love Christmas and good Christmas music in general, BUT....

"Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time"

and

"Last Christmas, I Gave You My Heart"

...make me scream. If either of those come on the radio, my hand is a blur reaching to change the station.
 
I normally enjoy Hank, Jr, but I can close this thread out right now with one last post.
Don't try to tell me I'm on an island alone.

"There's A Tear In My Beer"

:thumbsdown:
 
So true.
I used to work in sound reinforcement.
First time I worked with him I was there about daybreak to set up my gear. His bus was blocking the stage entrance dock. I had worked this venue many times. I knew exactly what to do. I had even wrangled the keys from before.

I thought cool! They're here already! We can probably get a sound check early and I'll have time for a shower afterward.

He had brought three hay bales in the cargo bay of his bus, carried them out half way across this field and was out in the field with a bow and arrow getting in some target practice as the sun was just coming up.
I did not know who it was at first. I yelled at him asking if he drove the bus. I had to get my semi lined up with the dock.

He said I should shut up, because the guy who drove the bus all night was probably alseep by now.
I told him I could park the bus for him. He came up and I finally recognized him. He said, Nope, he would move it for me.
Seriously, just a regular guy, out at daybreak with a bow and arrow shooting at hay bales.
:crazy:

Don't get me wrong, I liked him, just not that song!
 
Last edited:
They played this on an airplane. More than once. Boarding music. Whiny wimpy pathetic. At first I thought it was Modern Country meets Autotune.

.
 
David Bowie`s: Rebel, rebel !

Stupid popular simpleton`s dance music song !

Band I was FOH sound/light man for from 1978 ~1980 in south Miami, was often pressured by the lounge/club crowd to play it, at least twice a packed night, so I told the band that that song just flat out sucked (they agreed) and that I would kick back from the board and not touch a single control or light switch during that song, unless it would need to stop a feedback happening !

Sometimes I just got up went to the restroom, or chatted with a nearby table sitting pretty Lady who was sitting by herself, or with other females.
 
While You See A Chance - Steve Winwood

If this is someone's favorite song, look away now. Probably too late.
 
Tie between "Sweet Caroline," and "I Am, I Said," not coincidentally both by Neil Zirconia. Still, as much as those two "musical" offerings make me cringe, they're both still worlds ahead of the computer generated melody- and harmony-free pablum masquerading as various genres these days. I'd list them them, but I'd break the internet ...plus, without melody, they can't be considered "songs" in the first place, so I guess they're out of the running.
 
I love Christmas and good Christmas music in general, BUT....

"Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time"

and

"Last Christmas, I Gave You My Heart"

...make me scream. If either of those come on the radio, my hand is a blur reaching to change the station.
I love these ghastly songs, nostalgia and well I liked them then too. But they are tripe.
 
Back
Top Bottom