• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thorens TD 160 Headshell?

stinz

Active Member
I purchased a Thorens TD 160 and have a brand new Ortofon Blue that I am unable to put on it because it screws in from the top. Is there a way to adapt the headshell in order to insert screws from the top?
 
Register to hide this ad
It's easy. You'll need to carefully remove the "Thorens" foilcal with a Q-Tip from bellow and get rid of the plastic insulation and the magnesium plate under it. Then you can screw the cart from above and reattach the foilcal.
 
What @tnsilver said.

I had a thread about this but unfortunately our four-legged friends at Photobucket are being a bit greedy and forums such as this one are suffering for it. The images posted with links are no longer working. Pukebucket wants $$$ for them to work as third party hosting.

Sorry for the rant, but I am royally pissed.

Anyway, here is the short version pictorial of what to do:

IMG_2210_zpsrxqxrmit.JPG

IMG_2212_zpsefy2eysc.JPG

IMG_2213_zpsfytd0yzn.JPG

IMG_2215_zpsrgh11xi3.JPG

IMG_2217_zpsybojtp6w.JPG

IMG_2218_zpsethezi88.JPG

IMG_2219_zpszhifyaqq.JPG

IMG_2221_zps044idtns.JPG

Be careful, don't bend the thin aluminum cover when pushing from the bottom. I used a screwdriver but didn't force anything and kept the screwdriver edge up against the outer frame of the head-shell. The Q-tip suggestion is great.

Good luck.
 
Back
Top Bottom