• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Today's soundtrack recording.

David Bowie & Trevor Jones - Labyrinth OST


MAoykxK.jpg


Oh yes. :biggrin: If you haven't heard this, don't dismiss it as total 80's cheese: it's actually a pretty respectable ST.

Of course, I have a proclivity towards it being that it was my first intro to Bowie's music seeing the movie and having the cassette as a kid...and damn it: "Magic Dance" is a fun little song and I still like to move to it as I did as a kid! lol :banana:


Other than that, I hold that "As the World Falls Down" is one of Bowie's best songs; in fact, certain lyrics and it's somber tone make it very apropos today I feel.


Haven't seen that one since the 1980's, PW! :thumbsup:
 
scc%20vnztt.jpg
scc%20vnztt%202.jpg


Ennio Morricone / Sacco & Vanzetti
1971 RCA

Joan Baez sings "The Ballad Of Sacco and Vanzetti" & "Here's To You" on it. Never seen the movie. I do like Ennio Morricone's soundtracks.
 
Re-watched it a few years ago for the first time since my childhood. Might have to re-watch it again soon to "nostalgia" given Bowie's death.

As for the ST, I listen to it every so often. I used to listen to it often as a child.

Hey PW,

They are going to play "Labyrinth" this weekend at one of the theaters in town! Thought of you when I heard about it on our local news.
 
Hey PW,

They are going to play "Labyrinth" this weekend at one of the theaters in town! Thought of you when I heard about it on our local news.

Really?! I hadn't thought of that...very cool! I might have to check to see if any local small theaters will have a showing of it here. Rounding up some old friends who also saw that in their childhood and going to see it would be a blast!
 
Really?! I hadn't thought of that...very cool! I might have to check to see if any local small theaters will have a showing of it here. Rounding up some old friends who also saw that in their childhood and going to see it would be a blast!

Thought would be nice to see again on the big screen! Turner Classic Movies has some of the old classic movies being played at selected theaters too!
 
Back
Top Bottom