• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Today's "White Trash Party" Playlist

I don't know if its the music that didn't age well, or me that didn't age well. Hell, I still listen to that stuff on a regular basis on far better gear than I could have ever afforded than when I bought my first copies. It is what it is, and I'm still alive despite all my attempts otherwise (racing cars and bikes), and it still sounds good with a cooler full of beverages and a fire pit going.
Hell yeah!!! Eric
 
Don't know what albums are in that box set but is Alabama Ass Whuppin' one of them? I think the CD is OOP. Southern Rock Opera and Gangstabilly are some of my favorites.
It's Great to be Alive is the title. 5 albums, 3 cds, and some prints of poster art.
 
I was going to say this thread needs some Faster Pussycat, but I looked on youtube and found a festival set they did in 2011. Damn, life has NOT been good to Taime Downe.

Went to see the boys at Exit/Inn in Nashville in 2001. Got up and limped out (I was on crutches due to knee surgery) because what I loved about Faster Pussycat was gone. Bunch of dirty emo wannabes. They totally forgot what put them on the map (at least a little).

It's safe to say they sucked that night, but that first album was a classic. Had that Aerosmith vibe before it was cool again.

And damn, those who haven't experienced the Drive By Truckers should give these following tunes a ride, for the southern kick-assedness they contain

1) Lookout Mountain
2) The Sands of Iwo Jima
3) The Three Great Alabama Icons

and one of my alltime faves?
4) The Night G.G. Allin Came To Town.

The stuff is genius.
 
Went to see the boys at Exit/Inn in Nashville in 2001. Got up and limped out (I was on crutches due to knee surgery) because what I loved about Faster Pussycat was gone. Bunch of dirty emo wannabes. They totally forgot what put them on the map (at least a little).

It's safe to say they sucked that night, but that first album was a classic. Had that Aerosmith vibe before it was cool again.

And damn, those who haven't experienced the Drive By Truckers should give these following tunes a ride, for the southern kick-assedness they contain

1) Lookout Mountain
2) The Sands of Iwo Jima
3) The Three Great Alabama Icons

and one of my alltime faves?
4) The Night G.G. Allin Came To Town.

The stuff is genius.
Was it you that I talked about FP with a couple of years ago?
I didn't really dig the first album when it came out, but came around to it after Wake Me, and Whipped.

I saw a disappointing The Four Horsemen gig.
I went with my girlfriend at the time to a dive bar, and learned that the show was cancelled. The tour was postponed because the drummer OD'd.
A few(?) months later the girlfriend was now an ex, but the tour was back on, so we decided to go together. They started playing, and there was only one original member. I knew the drummer died, and I knew Haggis left, but it was a bummer to see a different singer. Found out about Frank's accident from Lizmi after the show. Called him a "vegetable". Nice touch.
 
[QUOTE="onwardjames, post: 9484250, member: 3359"b
And damn, those who haven't experienced the Drive By Truckers should give these following tunes a ride, for the southern kick-assedness they contain

1) Lookout Mountain
2) The Sands of Iwo Jima
3) The Three Great Alabama Icons
and one of my alltime faves?
4) The Night G.G. Allin Came To Town.
The stuff is genius.[/QUOTE]

Lookout Mountain
Sink Hole
The Living Bubba
 
Call me a Redneck any time, and it's fine - I own a tractor, a bailer, a hay rake, and bush hog. We still square bale. :)
The definition of White Trash I grew up with: What Traish is the folks that won't fix the roof when it's sunny - 'cause the roof don't leak when the sun is out. And everybody knows you can't work on a roof in a rainstorm.

 
I believe we did indeed palaver concerning FP.

That first album is such a guilty pleasure. Amps buzzing, vocals all a mess. Love it
I haven't listened to it in years. Not even sure if I own it? I should get on that.

I feel the same way about Nobody Said It Was Easy. It's like half of ACDC and Half of Skynryd got togther, crushed a case of JD, and made an album. I'd say what's not to like, but that would open me up to a whole pile posts explaining what's not to like, lol.

Another band that kinda fits this thread is The (London) Quireboys. I can't say I've ever enjoyed their albums much(never really listen to much of the), but I saw them at the same dive bar I saw The Horsemen at, and damn was it a good show. The guitar player went full Keef, and the singer went full Rod Stewart. The really early Rod, not the icky disco Rod.
 
I promise this will be my last DBT post. My absolute #1 favorite top song is....
18 Wheels Of Love
 
Back
Top Bottom