• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Today's "White Trash Party" Playlist

I promise this will be my last DBT post. My absolute #1 favorite top song is....
18 Wheels Of Love

I gotta have a listen to these Drive By Truckers whose work, AFAIK, I have never heard, studio or live.

I think I'll join you.
I gave them a quick listen a few years ago, during my pre-dad days I think, and they didn't really grab me. They should be up my alley though, so I'll give them another chance.

Their greatest hits comp Ugly Buildings, Whores, And Politicians, has just been reserved at the epl. I'll keep you up to date.
 
Kris and Mystic, give them a chance. First time around, didn't grab me either.
Will do.
To be honest, I think I did a power listening thing to determine if a great vinyl bundle at Musicdirect(?) was worth it for me at the time. I might have just not been in the mood for it at the time.

Music in the alt country vein is tricky for me some of it I love, some not so much. And I go back an forth with some artists. I really gotta be in the mood for Jay Farrar/Son Volt, but when I am, I'm all over it. Same for Jolene. or Whiskeytown.
 
I gotta have a listen to these Drive By Truckers whose work, AFAIK, I have never heard, studio or live.

I WANT to like Drive By Truckers. I have seen them live a time or two and have their LP "The Dirty South". I particularly like "Carl Perkins' Cadillac". But overall, the lyrical content is just too depressing. Maybe it hits too close to home or something, being from the South myself.
 
Will do.
To be honest, I think I did a power listening thing to determine if a great vinyl bundle at Musicdirect(?) was worth it for me at the time. I might have just not been in the mood for it at the time.

Music in the alt country vein is tricky for me some of it I love, some not so much. And I go back an forth with some artists. I really gotta be in the mood for Jay Farrar/Son Volt, but when I am, I'm all over it. Same for Jolene. or Whiskeytown.

If DBT sound anything like Son Volt (or the "Jay" material @ Uncle Tupelo), I will probably like 'em. A lot.
 
If DBT sound anything like Son Volt (or the "Jay" material @ Uncle Tupelo), I will probably like 'em. A lot.
I can't really remember, it's been so long.

Speaking of Son Volt, I borrowed Honky Tonk about a month ago and only gave it quick listen. It seemed to really lean towards country, in a good way. I just re-borrowed it again.

Have you heard Jolene's Hell's Half Acre? Not too far from Son Volt, IMO.
 
Kris and Mystic, give them a chance. First time around, didn't grab me either.
DBT is a group that will grow on you. Before long you are buying playbill posters to frame up, have all their albums, and don't miss a show if they're within a 3 hours drive.

Jason isbells solo stuff is pretty good as well btw.
 
DBT is a group that will grow on you. Before long you are buying playbill posters to frame up, have all their albums, and don't miss a show if they're within a 3 hours drive.

Jason isbells solo stuff is pretty good as well btw.
You say that like it's a good thing. Sounds expensive.
 
DBT is a group that will grow on you. Before long you are buying playbill posters to frame up, have all their albums, and don't miss a show if they're within a 3 hours drive.

Jason isbells solo stuff is pretty good as well btw.

Message to the OP:

See what this thread has led to? It is becoming the DBT's boosters society. And I'm one of those now bent on tracking down some of their material.

Ask me, this thread's turned out to be pretty useful. Thanks!
 
No, but now I'm hearing the Dolly Parton (and White Stripes) versions of the number "Jolene" playing in my head.
Sorry about that. If it makes you feel any better I was talking musical theater with my kid's music teacher this morning, and the production of the Music Man that my wife directed years ago came up. Now I've got that friggen' Shapoopie song stuck in my head.

Hell's Half Acre is being FLAC'ed as we speak.
 
Did I miss this in the thread or did you guys go four pages and forget about Miss Candye Kane?

Candye Kane ~ White Trash Girl


MI0002003858.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom