• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tom Brady

Sports where around in pre-histroy. They are an art form and an important part of our existence. That said, I understand thru observation that some that are not good at sport do not like it.

:beerchug:
 
Sports where around in pre-histroy. They are an art form and an important part of our existence. That said, I understand thru observation that some that are not good at sport do not like it.

:beerchug:

The good chief brings up a fine point. I was excellent at every sport I played (except basketball, not worth a hoot at that) and I enjoyed them for what they truly are - a chance to learn life in a game.

You win some, you lose some, it often hurts, but is sometimes indescribably beautiful. Lessons are learned, brotherhood is formed, and rules are applied.

My problem certainly isn't with sports, but the unequal footing it has comparative to much more important things.
 
My conjecture is that a sport tends to be observed more by those who played it. I never played soccer growing up (it wasn't as popular in the 50's and 60's as it is now), therefore I never developed an interest in it. I played a lot of sandlot baseball and football, so I gravitate towards those games. Played a lot of tennis when I was younger, so I followed that for a while.

Others have philosophical differences with certain sports, so they tend to shy away from those. It comes down to what you enjoy watching.
 
It comes down to what you enjoy watching.

Speaking of, the last 15 years or so in football has seen the death of the fullback, and the running game in particular.

Last week, I went to watch the grandson play (he's nearly 10). They have this little pug of a fullback, a true warrior. Always, and I mean ALWAYS has his body at a 45 degree angle, falls for at least 3 yards each play. Runs over whomever is stupid enough to take him alone. Even has a wicked game face, you can see the determination in his scowl.

I cannot tell you how fun it was to watch this little monster. I miss that part of the game, the running part.
 
Brady is looking bad again today . Maybe his time has come.

Looks like the air is leaking out of Brady's ball....................

Well, the divorce officially hit the news today, how many guys do you know who are at their best when they're on the outs with their woman?

I'd bet once the next pretty lil thing catches his eye, he'll be back in top form in no time flat....... ;)
 
Well, the divorce officially hit the news today, how many guys do you know who are at their best when they're on the outs with their woman?

I'd bet once the next pretty lil thing catches his eye, he'll be back in top form in no time flat....... ;)

When the word divorce is used it usually, eventually, happens.
 
Speaking of, the last 15 years or so in football has seen the death of the fullback, and the running game in particular.

Last week, I went to watch the grandson play (he's nearly 10). They have this little pug of a fullback, a true warrior. Always, and I mean ALWAYS has his body at a 45 degree angle, falls for at least 3 yards each play. Runs over whomever is stupid enough to take him alone. Even has a wicked game face, you can see the determination in his scowl.

I cannot tell you how fun it was to watch this little monster. I miss that part of the game, the running part.

Quoted myself due to going to another football game yesterday. That little brute of a fullback, all of 9 years old, ran right over 2 kids trying to stop him in the end zone yesterday. He had a wide open hole, yet chose to run over not one, but both of them.

I could hardly contain myself.

He's done. Shoulda stayed gone. I guess you never know until you try, though.

What makes a man like Tom Brady as successful as he has been is the same exact thing that keeps him around too long.

What did Micky from Rocky say??

"Every pug thinks he has one good fight left in him."

Damn right.
 
Back
Top Bottom