• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Transistor Substitutions

Try to locate some KTC3198 or KTC3199. They are very similar to the Toshiba 2SC1815 and 2SC2458. The GR rank has hfe of around 300 and you may be able to find BL rank of these. Either KEC or Taiwan semiconductors brands are ok.I suggest to contact Mouser and inquire about the KTC3198 they may also suggest an SMD alternative.
An excellent SMD match to the 2SC1815BL would be the Toshiba 2SC4116BL. Have a look at it.
 
Last edited:
I only just noticed that KSD526 is out of production. Equivalents are available, but for no really solid reason, this was my go-to for regulators and sometimes other applications. Mouser is out, and I just ordered most of what DigiKey had. I guess I only mention it so that, if some AKer is really set on using KSD526, and can't find them elsewhere, and only needs one or two, PM me.
 
I only just noticed that KSD526 is out of production. Equivalents are available, but for no really solid reason, this was my go-to for regulators and sometimes other applications. Mouser is out, and I just ordered most of what DigiKey had. I guess I only mention it so that, if some AKer is really set on using KSD526, and can't find them elsewhere, and only needs one or two, PM me.
thanks for sharing Yes, unfortunately we are seeing a fast depletion of TH choices of most parts used in legacy audio electronics. I started incorporating SMD parts directly into my designs as a result but I'm not happy about it.
 
Last edited:
I only just noticed that KSD526 is out of production. Equivalents are available, but for no really solid reason, this was my go-to for regulators and sometimes other applications. Mouser is out, and I just ordered most of what DigiKey had. I guess I only mention it so that, if some AKer is really set on using KSD526, and can't find them elsewhere, and only needs one or two, PM me.
i like ksd526 for outputs in low powered cap coupled units.
 
Did some looking with no luck in the past few years. Is there an updated cross referenced replacement list?
 
Having issues getting some stuff which is currently out of stock at Mouser or going out of production soon. Thinking about these for possible longer term replacements instead of chasing down originals. Sanity check apprecited!

  • KSA940TU -> MJE15031G
  • KSA1220AYS -> TTA004B,Q
  • KSC3503 -> MJE340
  • KSC2073 -> MJE150305
 
Places like Chip1Stop, Rochester, etc., have quite of few of the part numbers we like. We should consider putting together a group buy so we can meet the minimum order requirements.
Count me in for this, I don’t know what you mean by “part numbers we like” but I tried both chip1stop/Rochester for the NTE1635 protector IC and the complementary 2SA1011/2SC2344 .
15€/piece and minimum 15 pieces for the IC.
No minimum number for the complementary SANYO TO-220 but 25€/pieces…..
 
Places like Chip1Stop, Rochester, etc., have quite of few of the part numbers we like. We should consider putting together a group buy so we can meet the minimum order requirements.

If you/we want to move forward with such an idea, it should happen in a different thread.
 
Count me in for this, I don’t know what you mean by “part numbers we like” but I tried both chip1stop/Rochester for the NTE1635 protector IC and the complementary 2SA1011/2SC2344 .
15€/piece and minimum 15 pieces for the IC.
No minimum number for the complementary SANYO TO-220 but 25€/pieces…..

Further discussion on such an idea needs to occur in a new thread.
 
Back
Top Bottom