• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

trhee's Food Porn...

Here ya go. Just a simple personal meal. Nothing fancy.

"Filet Mignon w/ Roasted Vegetables"

The beef tenderloin was seared hard and roasted for about 3 hours at 180°F, rested for 15 minutes. The vegetables were sautéed individually, then roasted separately and before plating, quickly sautéed again with a little butter. Seasoned with kosher salt, cracked pepper, cumin and curry.



22818265347_ef760abf31_c.jpg

That looks delicious! :thumbsup:
 
The Ambassador and wife went out to a reception earlier tonight so I just fixed them each a plate of food wrapped up just in case they were hungry when they came back home.

Just a simple steak dinner with carrot purée, demi glace and veggies sautéed with bacon lardons, garlic, salt and pepper and deglazed with a little chicken stock.

23899648966_e67a05bd3f_c.jpg
 
Looks good. I have 2 whole tender loins I have to cut into steaks tomorrow, Should get 20 to 22 steaks. Together they weigh 15.25 lbs. As some folks know on here, I do this every year. 16 steaks will go as gifts and the rest is mine.
 
"Torched Hanwoo Beef".

For those that aren't familiar with "hanwoo" beef, it's a local native (Korean) cattle with meat that is extremely marbled much like wagyu or kobe beef. For this simple preparation, the beef was salted and torched with a blowtorch just to sear the outside and nothing more so that I could serve it rare. As these were fairly thinly sliced (about 1/4"), searing it on a saute pan would have overcooked the beef easily.

25012743191_bf32451c4d_b.jpg


This is a picture of how crazy the marbling is on "hanwoo" beef.

bakdaegamne_0.jpg


6-22-2-ecb29cec9e90eba788eba3a8.jpg
 
Judging by the plates this wasn't a home cooked meal for yourself.
Tell the Ambassador I want his gig. I'll work just for the food:deal:
 
LOL... this was part of a multi-course dinner for an event the other night with the Foreign Minister as the guest of honor.

Judging by the plates this wasn't a home cooked meal for yourself.
Tell the Ambassador I want his gig. I'll work just for the food:deal:
 
Back
Top Bottom