• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Trusonic woofers, recone available?

doucanoe

Registered Audio Abuser
Anyone know if you can still get recone kits for old Trusonic woofers? These are 15's.


RC
 
Register to hide this ad
I posted this question a while ago and Gordon said it would not be too difficult to have them reconed. But in doing that it loses the cosmetic appeal, which to me is a big deal. NOS Replacement cones do pop up on the bay every so often and I would bet after a couple days of this thread they will again. If you are successful please post, I have a pair needing the same fix.
 
I posted this question a while ago and Gordon said it would not be too difficult to have them reconed. But in doing that it loses the cosmetic appeal, which to me is a big deal. NOS Replacement cones do pop up on the bay every so often and I would bet after a couple days of this thread they will again. If you are successful please post, I have a pair needing the same fix.

Will do. One of the woofers seems fine but the other must of got wet at some point and the cone is distorted. Lots of VC rub on that one. Both DCR readings show ok but its obvious that the one is bad.

If one gets reconed, they both do. No choice really.

I will let you know.

RC
 
I'm doing a TruSonic recone right now, for SixCats... just waiting for parts.

As was stated above, they're not any harder than any other vintage woofer to recone, with the caveat that OEM cones are not really a viable option at this point, IME. Even those NOS cones are as brittle and fragile as the ones already in the speakers. I don't know of anyone making "original design reproduction" cones for these, either. However, there are vintage-style cones (ie, Jensen, JBL, Altec, etc) that will work and sound fine, when they're set up and installed properly. I've been able to functionally match all of the Trusonics I've seen here on the bench...

Which model Trusonics do you have? What size voice coil (2", 3", 4")?

Regards,
Gordon.
 
I'm doing a TruSonic recone right now, for SixCats... just waiting for parts.

As was stated above, they're not any harder than any other vintage woofer to recone, with the caveat that OEM cones are not really a viable option at this point, IME. Even those NOS cones are as brittle and fragile as the ones already in the speakers. I don't know of anyone making "original design reproduction" cones for these, either. However, there are vintage-style cones (ie, Jensen, JBL, Altec, etc) that will work and sound fine, when they're set up and installed properly. I've been able to functionally match all of the Trusonics I've seen here on the bench...

Which model Trusonics do you have? What size voice coil (2", 3", 4")?

Regards,
Gordon.

They say 150G on the rear.
Im actually doing a little horse trading with the owner and I probably wont pick them up until later today.

RC
 
I am looking for a recone kit for a Trusonic FR150 15" 16 ohms speaker that recently started to sound a bit distorted. Does anyone know of a source for a recone kit or service guy in the Los Angeles Area?
Thanks in advance
Observatory1
 
Back
Top Bottom