• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tube console $35 Denver

Register to hide this ad
I want that reciever. It looks like a rebadged Allied.

Unfortunately, bonfires are prohibited here in the city.
 
Not totally sure thats tubes. That goldenrod grille cloth says late 60s or maybe early 70s to me. That thing is a monster though.
 
This guy is within a few miles of my house. He said he still has it, so I am going to go find out if it is tubed or not.

I have a demo saw that I need to make sure is still working. If it is tubes I will defintely get it and post some pics.

till later,
mark
 
I believe this is the same receiver as refernced in the other thread. That would mean it is a SE el84 receiver. I would also assume that means that this console had to have some pretty efficeint speakers to work well.

My curiosity is peaked.
 
This has the martel or Rotel FAX150c receiver in it. That is an el84/6bq5 SE receiver. It gets pretty dang loud too. I would think it is horn loaded with some decent woofers in it too. I am going to go see/get it in about 30 minutes.
More to come.
Mark
 
I went and got the unit. The receiver is an EL 84 single ended unit. It is beautiful condition and works perfectly. It has all the original matsushita tubes too.

I'll post pics in a bit.
MArk
 
Well, I got hte unit home. The console itself was strong but UGLY............
It was covered mostly in formica. It has been put out of my misery permantly.

The receiver though was beautiful. It is in EX+++ condition.
Below are some pics.
It is rated at 20 watts total both channels driven.
 
Last edited:
Nice, glad you got it! I almost made the drive from Estes Park but thought better of it. Good looking integrated plus not one you see everyday. I found one wharfedale w60 the other day but I don't like it very much. Not sure what to do with it.
 
Back
Top Bottom