• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Twentyfive cent records

stacyellenk

Active Member
If you live in the Los Angeles area, Freakbeat Records in Sherman Oaks is having their annual sale - 50% off most of their regular stock and the clearance room is $.25 per record.

I took two bags worth home today:music:
 
Register to hide this ad
That sounds pretty good. I hardly get out to the valley beyond the occasional show at the Gibson or what ever they're calling it this year. I do make it to Amoeba every couple of months for some vinyl shopping and then hit Canter's for some serious CB on Rye. Sadly we got nothing close to that on this side of the Orange Curtain.
 
That sounds pretty good. I hardly get out to the valley beyond the occasional show at the Gibson or what ever they're calling it this year. I do make it to Amoeba every couple of months for some vinyl shopping and then hit Canter's for some serious CB on Rye. Sadly we got nothing close to that on this side of the Orange Curtain.

Now that I'm not new to this anymore, I've grown pretty disenchanted with Amoeba - I tend to go to some of the other local record shops in the valley which have much better bang for the buck.

Appreciate the OC tip because I was wondering if there were any decent shops out there - I know there are a couple here in my neck of the woods around West L.A. and the Echo Park/Pasadena area that I haven't checked out yet.
 
There a few small ones TKO in Fountain Valley which is mostly punk, Vinyl Solution in HB and Burger in Fullerton. Of the 3, I prefer burger. Oh yeah and there's Fingerprints in Belmont Shore that's pretty good. I don't shop Amoeba for price, I go there for selection, esp. jazz and blues which is scarce in the small OC shops. What are GW prices in LaLaLand? $2.00 is the norm here. I would have liked to shop R5 in Sacto, but sadly Russ Solomon is selling or sold it. He was the founder of Tower and decided to retire at 84 last May. I always liked Tower.
 
Last edited:
I don't go to goodwill as can do much better in the local record shops. I very rarely pay more than $1 for a record. Most of what I listen to doesn't seem to be particularly rare or valued, so I do really well with clearance stuff.
 
Back
Top Bottom