• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Unbelievable 10,000+ rock records at a YARD SALE!

wow, wow, wowwwwww! Astonishing. Easily, right off the bat I see at least 10-15 that are at the TOP of my want list, but they're either very difficult to find in nice shape or too expensive. That is a score that dreams are made of. Congratulations!
 
First of all, congratulations.

Amazing that this guy:

1. Has great taste.
2. Kept all his LPs in seemingly brand new condition.
3. Even has LPs from well into the CD age- ex- Pearl Jam.

I can understand needing some cash, but just pitching a tent and selling them in his front yard?

Oh well, business is business. Well done!
 
That Yardbirds album is VERY rare!! It was in the stores for less than a week before Jimmy Page got a court injunction stopping it's distribution.
 
originally posted by bvirts (He had the rare version of the first Kiss record (Mint) out in the heat!)

The real question here is did you get the KISS LP?? :dunno:

Just kidding!! Nice haul, very happy for you!! :thmbsp:
 
As I was viewing the pics, I was thinking, it's not all that cause there's no Grateful Dead. But then I saw it. Lucky you! I think all your Karma came due at the same time!
 
Perfect storm karma. Just cruising around, find a haul of a lifetime, then come back a day later and there's still a bunch of great stuff sitting there. You must have said the right prayer to the vinyl gods. I've often daydreamed about a find like yours. Congratulations!
 
Probably the most impressive lp score I have seen to date.Depending on what was paid could be the score of the year lp wise.
 
You failed to mention how you got NO sleep on friday night because you were too damn excited to wake up and get back over there on Saturday!

Awesome story and a great find.
 
This's got me wondering who (individually) might have the largest collection of vinyl LP's on this earth? My buddy Jeff, who owns a a nice store, has in the neighborhood of 30,000 he told me. Gotta be somebody somewhere with more...
 
I know the guy with the biggest excellent record collection in the USA. I'm talking about superb, hand-picked discs picked up over a 40 year span. He had to put two additions on his house (he can afford it!) to hold everything...and its time for a third addition. When you first walk into collection room #1, you walk by EVERY single Bear Family release (cd and vinyl!). Incredible!
 
Is the rolling stones decembers children album which is in mono like yours is, and the let it bleed album really valuable ? cos I have those 2 as well as 4 of the 5 stones you put in that pic.

I never see what records are worth. I just dont care, I have a few still sealed, but they may not be $$$, just someone forgot to open it for 30 years.

Cool.
Srinath.
 
Congratulations, that is the record honey-hole of a lifetime. I looked for a decade for some of those records (what's the fun in ordering online?) and still there's stuff there I've maybe only seen once out in the stores. This beats any gear-score I have ever seen on this site.



i have wanted to hear that siamese dream album on a record for 20 years. nice

It was reissued not too many years ago and the reissue sounds great. It should be still available.
 
oh yeah...I forgot to mention...you lucky hound! Killer score. We all hate you...and bow before your new acquisitions.
 
This's got me wondering who (individually) might have the largest collection of vinyl LP's on this earth? My buddy Jeff, who owns a a nice store, has in the neighborhood of 30,000 he told me. Gotta be somebody somewhere with more...

There was an article about some Chinese audiophile who has a 7 story building filled with gear and records, something like 100k of them IIRC,

He had a person working full time for him just to manage this collection of stuff!
 
Back
Top Bottom