• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vallejo, Ca

GChief

Confused about Vinyls
Subscriber
Wasn't sure where this fit so sticking it here.

I will be working at Mare Island Dry Dock for 3 weeks staring the end of June.

Locals, anywhere I need to check out for gear/vinyl?

Thanks Rob :beerchug:
 
Register to hide this ad
The area has a LOT of Craigslist participation, so make sure to keep an eye on it for used gear. Across the bridge, but you might also want to check out the Solano Swap Meet which happens at the big Concord drive-in every Sunday.

Those two things account for almost all of the gear that I've bought over the years.
 
Thanks man, I planned on being deep in CL and Offer Up. I will have an empty Job Box to ship back.
 
Last edited:
check out the Solano Swap Meet which happens at the big Concord drive-in every Sunday.

I have bought many things there over the years. Only thing is, it's a long way back to the car when you're carrying out something heavy.
Like the HPM100s or the 9090DB I got there. Or the KR-9600. That's where I picked up my Eight Deluxe.
Back in the day they would let you bring your car in to pick up something you bought, but not any more.

I haven't been there in a while, but I'm sure gear still pops up now and then. There's a lot of competition there for vintage gear.

Rob
 
I have bought many things there over the years. Only thing is, it's a long way back to the car when you're carrying out something heavy.

Yeah I always take a wagon with me these days. Funny enough, the last time I was there, I had someone come up to me and make a cash offer for the wagon that I couldn't refuse. Amazing since it was already old and rusty. He offered me enough money that I was able to go straight to the store afterward, buy a new wagon, and still make a profit. The guy must have found something really heavy! :D
 
Yeah I always take a wagon with me these days. Funny enough, the last time I was there, I had someone come up to me and make a cash offer for the wagon that I couldn't refuse. Amazing since it was already old and rusty. He offered me enough money that I was able to go straight to the store afterward, buy a new wagon, and still make a profit. The guy must have found something really heavy! :D
Back in the Gold Rush days more guys got rich selling hardware and hookers than did miners who found gold. :biggrin:
 
Yeah I always take a wagon with me these days. Funny enough, the last time I was there, I had someone come up to me and make a cash offer for the wagon that I couldn't refuse. Amazing since it was already old and rusty. He offered me enough money that I was able to go straight to the store afterward, buy a new wagon, and still make a profit. The guy must have found something really heavy! :D

I will have a couple of carts available, use them to haul new voltage regulators around the pier and ship.
 
As far as vinyl and gear, the area is pretty dry. Your best shot as far as thrift stores go is Eco Thrift on Redwood at Sonoma Blvd.

Vallejo is far from a food town, but there are 2 or 3 places that you must go to.

China Wok downtown is the BEST Chinese food I have had anywhere, hands down. Kung Pao Chicken, Mu Shu, Mongolian Beef, and a crazy good caramelized eggplant appetizer. Tell Julia that Jason & Jeannine sent you.

If you like Mongolian BBQ, there is a good one called Princess Garden. Really good!

And if you like hot dogs, you have to hit Sac's Tasty Dogs on Springs Road. Great dogs!

Be very aware of your surroundings. Vallejo is a shady place. Spent 16 years there.
 
hi*ball,
Thanks for the heads up, my next question was going to be wheres the food and beer :beerchug:

And I am always aware! :smoke:

Thanks Rob
 
OMG......

Sac's tasty dog is still there, this is a must do. I'll take a cheese dog X 2

Gumbahs for Chicago style sammich and dogs if it's still open.
 
There is a newer taproom at the ferry building as well. I just never had a chance to check it out.

Favorite burger in the area is The Habit (near Costco).

And if you want Thai food, best spot is Pearl Thai in Benicia.
 
Cool, I will be working 12's at Mare Island so will have to see whats close to the hotel, we are staying at Residence Inn somewhere just not sure of exact location yet.
 
Wow - the whole region seems empty of the gear on my list to hunt down. I've been at the vacation house in Solano County for almost a week now, and, other than one deal that evaporated, there's nothing of interest in the usual listings.

I plan on visiting the swap meet this weekend. If that doesn't prove fruitful, I'll have to spend my fun-money on fancy restaurants or some-such.
 
For fancy restaurants you have to hit San Francisco. Even here in Marin county where I work it's ho hum. Scott's seafood is about a fancy as it gets. Oh and everything shuts down at 9 pm around here with a few exceptions such as P.F. Chang's.
 
Back
Top Bottom