• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Value of Aerial Acoustics Model 8

Register to hide this ad
Seems these are maybe selling above 1000 but up to maybe 1600 asking.

Since a pair of 10t were on Barter Town for what 1200 recently, I guess that would be a top price for 8s. But the rosewood might let them bring more. Don't see these often on the used market. Maybe folks like em or aren't upgrading.
 
Rosewood was a $600 option on the Model 8s back in the day. So a good pair will be worth a bit more than the other finishes.

I love my Model 8s
 
Seems these are maybe selling above 1000......

Blue Shadow, I am indebted to you. Went to audition them. Sounded great. Very good condition. Beautiful rosewood. One chip on the base on the side. Easy veneer fix. No stands. It was the pair you mentioned listed at 1600. Had been on Agon, USAM, etc. Also local CL.

I liked them, but said I would think about it and get get back to him. Seller was not going to let me leave. He dropped to 1300, but I said my "valuation expert" told me to only pay your number, Blue Shadow. They are now in my suburban. Thank you valuation expert!

Turns out they are the 8b's. Not the 8's. Was not planning on buying speakers today!
 
@WWBeagle Excellent but I can't figure out if I'm getting an advisors fee paid from the coin you saved or if you are expecting some funding from here cause you weren't gonna buy speakers today and are out a chuck of change.

Should be great speakers. I might have been into those tens if the timing had been 30-60 days different. I even angled to give em a listen with pony express assistance but that didn't work out either.

I like spending other people's money having gotten one aker hooked on Audio Research preamps. Also got someone liking separate tonearms. Almost like getting them myself but I don't have to rearrange everything to put them in the system.

You got my pp address, I'll look for the tip.

Enjoy.
 
Last edited:
@Blue Shadow , I never thought about asking you for funding assistance. In case you are interested, I was planning on getting a used speaker this weekend. But it was a Sonos One in the local CL near our mountain home in Vail. Wife likes 'em for the bedroom. So, was planning on spending about $80. While checking on the Sonos speaker on CL, I made the mistake of checking for high end speakers near Vail and found the Aerial's. My bad.

I am a lawyer, so I have a degree in spending OPM!

Appreciate the assistance. Hope I can repay the favor.
 

Attachments

  • PHR photo AA 8b.jpg
    PHR photo AA 8b.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom