• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vancouver BC / Lower mainland deal alerts

CL Smattering

YAMAHA NS-30X SPEAKERS $200
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1096070701.html
Bose 901 speakers series 2 - $50
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1095512595.html
Vintage Rare Tri-amp Sony speakers - $125
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1095059935.html
PIONEER SX-750 receiver $149
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1096458953.html
pioneer sg-9 - $150
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1095605179.html
NAKAMICHI stereo receiver and CD player - $50
"Nice quality Receiver 3 (has phono in) and CD 4 ( has digital out) components, made in Japan. Working perfectly, good condition, no remote control included. I could also sell the turntable and speakers for cheap if you need them."
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1096282112.html
No affiliation with any of the above....
 
Vintage Rare Tri-amp Sony speakers - $125
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1095059935.html
...

The Sony speakers sound interesting.
Quote from the ad-
"Yes Sony made very good speakers, but not all the time.
For sale are a pair of Vintage SS-7330 Japanese market speakers.
Weight is 45 lbs ea. with a separate enclosure for the mids
Tri-amp connectors and bypass control on rear. some cosmetic issues cloth, veneer."
 
Earlier on in this thread I gave a shout out for help on forwarding a pair of bookshelf speakers but it didn't fly so I left it at that. I thought after 4 months advertised they'd have been sold long ago, especially for $20 (what is that, an hour's parking in downtown Vancouver?). Yet, it seems they got re-listed. I guess the owner just didn't want to see them thrown away. It was a happy accident, but after trying once more a non-AK member was able to send the pair out. Must be fate.
 
Couple items "across the pond"

Realistic Mach 2 speakers in Langford for $50:

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8633369

I spoke with the guy - he just refoamed them.

An estate sale in Sidney - offers:

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8627715

PSB, Paradigm, Polk, Marantz, Harman Kardon, Onkyo, Kenwood, etc. - mostly HT stuff I think, but all in original boxes.

And a HK Citation 16 for $350 (been posted for a while):

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/8468941

No affiliation to any of these.
 
More Smattering

Snell Acoustic Home Speakers Model E IV $375
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1115547518.html
Allison cd6 speakers and stand - $150
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1116300297.html
Pioneer SX-3800
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1116256486.html
1991 Onkyo stereo system - $200
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1071625575.html
Vintage Stereo equipment, Record Player, Receiver & Stand $200
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/fuo/1110808764.html

No affiliation with any of the above and happy Easter weekend !
Enjoy the tunes!
 
Last edited:
Is that woofer original? The 5s I just sold didn't look like that, but they were older (judging by the tweeter, anyway). It looks like the woofer is too big.

Not sure - there were a number of versions of this I believe. I suspect it would be hard to get a replacement woofer in same coated cone material as used on the Polks. Sizewise, I think it is just the angle you are viewing at ... here's a pic from the Polk Audio forum. They sure look like this to me.
 

Attachments

  • Model 5.jpg
    Model 5.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 6
Yeppers, they're correct all 'round. Peerless "holy" tweeter, fused on back. I just don't need 'em.

tc

See http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/ele/1152696415.html

That's a pretty good deal, I think. I just don't see older Polk's over here in Victoria anywhere near that price.

No affiliation, of course.

Is that woofer original? The 5s I just sold didn't look like that, but they were older (judging by the tweeter, anyway). It looks like the woofer is too big.

Nice price on those. :thmbsp:

Not sure - there were a number of versions of this I believe. I suspect it would be hard to get a replacement woofer in same coated cone material as used on the Polks. Sizewise, I think it is just the angle you are viewing at ... here's a pic from the Polk Audio forum. They sure look like this to me.
 
Back
Top Bottom