• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Audio Repair, S.E. Virginia?

Register to hide this ad
I have never been here but have heard good things about them. I guess it depends on what kind of stuff you want repaired though. I plan on taking my Kenwood tuner to them for some upgrades soon.

http://avsl.net/
 
Depending what you've got and the problem I'll maybe take a look at it.

I'm far from being a qualified tech, but I've been trained (so to speak). Whats the problem and unit? I'll tell ya if I think I'm qualified to take a whack at it........
 
Sansui 2000x Receiver.

It was configured for 220 volts. There were instructions inside the case on how to switch to 110. It was a simple jumper change. Once this was done it worked much better, lights lit up and it sounded great----for about 3 minutes.

Then there was a fire.

A 100 ohm resistor on the driver board burned up, and some of the copper trace on the PCB burned up as well. I don't know exactly why this happened,
but I'm pretty sure the board is wasted. But only on the left channel.

I appreciate the offer, Man.

Dave
 
yikes! unfortunately, that's still a bit out of my range. :(

Sounds similar to the problem with my Sansui G-3500 though. I've got a resistor visibly burned, and 36vdc of DC offset of the left channel. I'm pretty sure there's a transistor burned up to, but I'm not sure what else is wrong.

Good luck. And let me know if the techs you find are worth it.
 
Audio Services in Va Beach. They did a great job on my 2270

757-498-8277, Peter Florance

http://www.audio-services.com/

Thanks, Dude!

Called these guys, taking my unit around tomorrow morning. They have a big backlog, but the person I talked to seemed very competent, their rates are reasonable, and I'm not in a giant hurry anyways. So, that's where it's going.

Again, Thanks!:thmbsp:

Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom