• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

VINTAGE series

All Sansui C / B 2105MV, B-2102MV and C / B-2301L amplifiers were serviced and regulated reliably in 2020 (at the well-known Bumpalump service technician in Poland, who writes advice and posts photos on audiokarma.org).
Example:
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sansui-b-2103-mos-vintage.958810/
That's really good to know it's a fair comparison. Makes it a lot more useful.
I do know Bumpalump's threads. I think I read them all!!
Learn a lot from his work. Even made me reconsider changing components. Trying now to keep them as original as possible and see how that works out. Have to say it's a lot of work not only cleaning the glue from the PCB but also from the capacitors.
Still interesting than what is causing the difference in sound signature in two mostly similar designs.
 
The sonic signature of Sansui Amplifiers is closely related to the quality and quantity of high-quality components used in their construction.

The scheme on which the amplifier is based is also important, which is closely related to the period of its construction.
The B-2102MV is a Type I schematic similar to that of the B-2301.
 
Back
Top Bottom