• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Voice of Music console ID help

Register to hide this ad
Personally I have never done the research on model numbers but what specifically are you looking for in the model number? Tube? Solid state? Tuner or record player model only?

About all I can tell you is that it is most likely tube.
 
Personally I have never done the research on model numbers but what specifically are you looking for in the model number? Tube? Solid state? Tuner or record player model only?

About all I can tell you is that it is most likely tube.
Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I'm looking for. A tube amp that can be used to drive Headphones.
The seller is going to take pics of the electronics when he gets to his storage.
Do these generally make good amps for Headphones?
 
Should be a paper sticker on the back with the model info. If you take the back off, you'll likely find a schematic on the bottom shelf of the console.

Maybe a 8xx series console. Some photos, info, here... https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/modfind_consoles.html
maybe one of these is a match and you can also check with the owner of the website, who has a lot of paper documents he's not scanned yet.

My avatar is a 915 which has a 12ax7 based pre-amp and a 6v6gt push/pull amp. (plus 1201 changer, tube tuner)

Sounds stellar, particularly with good speakers. All the tubey goodness.

Sam
 
Should be a paper sticker on the back with the model info. If you take the back off, you'll likely find a schematic on the bottom shelf of the console.

Maybe a 8xx series console. Some photos, info, here... https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/modfind_consoles.html
maybe one of these is a match and you can also check with the owner of the website, who has a lot of paper documents he's not scanned yet.

My avatar is a 915 which has a 12ax7 based pre-amp and a 6v6gt push/pull amp. (plus 1201 changer, tube tuner)

Sounds stellar, particularly with good speakers. All the tubey goodness.

Sam
Thanks. I'm looking to power these.
Akg K1000
20220411_134017.jpg
 
Right! Headphone amps are usually between 300 and 500 ohms output. The Voice of Music amp is most likely going to be an 8 ohm output.
 
Right! Headphone amps are usually between 300 and 500 ohms output. The Voice of Music amp is most likely going to be an 8 ohm output.
8 ohm min I would imagine. My K1000'S are 120 ohm's. They are designed to be hooked up to speaker outputs.
 
I don't think I have ever seen headphones designed for direct speaker connections. Turn it up even just barely and you will blow your ears or headphones or both. Most headphone jacks in standard amps and receivers are taken off of the speaker output directly but with a couple of resistors to tamp it down.

Do you have manual that shows what you said?
 
I don't think I have ever seen headphones designed for direct speaker connections. Turn it up even just barely and you will blow your ears or headphones or both. Most headphone jacks in standard amps and receivers are taken off of the speaker output directly but with a couple of resistors to tamp it down.

Do you have manual that shows what you said?
Yes. They are designed for this.
Screenshot_20220502-213902_Chrome.jpg
 
I've never seen that but if the instructions say so then they were designed that way. Just seems weird to me. :confused:
They are extremely inefficient and difficult to drive. Most headphone amps can't drive them.
I wanted to give them a shot with a tube amp.
A 10 wpc @8 ohms amp would be enough. How many wpc would you imagine this unit could be if it is a tube amp?
 
Won't know for sure until owner gives you pics of the amp. A single ended 6AQ5, 6BQ5, or 6V6GT tubes will give you about 5-7 watts per channel.

If it's a push pull amplifier, it will give you about 10-12 watts per channel.
 
Won't know for sure until owner gives you pics of the amp. A single ended 6AQ5, 6BQ5, or 6V6GT tubes will give you about 5-7 watts per channel.

If it's a push pull amplifier, it will give you about 10-12 watts per channel.
Thanks for your help.:beerchug:
 
It would be a shame to part out one of those classic V-Ms just for an experiment like that, if that's your intent. No need to, just add a bit of resistance between speaker outs & your cans if needed, as mentioned by @cademan.
 
It would be a shame to part out one of those classic V-Ms just for an experiment like that, if that's your intent. No need to, just add a bit of resistance between speaker outs & your cans if needed, as mentioned by @cademan.
If I add a resistor it won't drive my k1000.
I have to evaluate what condition the unit is in. I just may save it and use a/b speaker selector to switch back and forth between
Speakers and K1000'S.
 
Back
Top Bottom