• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

WALPOLE, MA - new location for the (air conditioned) New England SweatFest!!

The new info on the first page say it'll be held until 3PM. Any reason for the early end time? I'm used to these things being held into the evening, so just wondering. :scratch2:
-Adam

simply, I need to be back home at a reasonable time and it will take some time to clear out. I am responsible for the space and need to lock it up and leave it broom clean.

keep in mind this space is being offered to me as a favor and to help Frank out. I figured it was easier to hold the date and change the venue (which is in the same general area, ie Massachusetts) than to reschedule.

3 PM is not a "hard" stop time. I just figured 4 hours was enough. If we want to extend discussions we could end at 4...?

there's also a little pub across the street we could all walk to for a pint.
 
OK kids, quick updates:

I walked through the space yesterday and got the keys from the building manager. Attached are some pictures. (I don't have a floor plan, unfortunately. )

Anyway, the front office space looks great. There's a main room when you walk in that has VCT floor and dropped ceiling. It's very "LIVE" and might be the best place to put the workshops and demos with headphones. I also think the food will be in this room.

Then, there's a 10x14 room, behind that room with the same finishes, and no door, that could be used to demo some smaller bookshelf systems, but it's also very live and would need blankets or other stuff to soften the room.

The main office area is carpeted with dropped ceilings and should be used for folks to show their wares and set up some systems for nearfield listening.

Then there's a large "server" room behind the office area with carpet, but open ceilings. I think the same setup here as in the main office: individual tables with your own setups, buy-sell-trade, etc. The only issue with this space is the sulfur lights are NOISY, so I'll bring a utility light. If anyone else can also bring a large floor-standing utility light, it would be greatly appreciated.

Then, there's a another 10x16 room, carpeted and with ceiling, and a door in the far corner. This would be great for critical listening for smaller systems.

THEN, I also have the key to the warehouse space in the back @ 87 West St. I don't think we want to program that space, but use it for overflow if needed (I doubt we will need to). However, there is a 24x16 office with dropped ceiling and carpet (a little dirty), which would be great for critical listening of much larger systems.

Here are some pictures...

First room
9144179572_56ea8c0d4e_c.jpg

14x10 alcove off the first room.
9141954111_09d27069d6_c.jpg


Main office with sink and bathrooms
9141952625_67bc9ae7b4_c.jpg

9141950095_758efcfa2d_c.jpg


Back "Server Room" with the noisy lights
9141947681_739a57dee0_c.jpg


Rear 16x10 office
9144177034_16ae2d4df5_c.jpg


Plus the warehouse area, which I didn't take a picture of.

Hope this is agreeable to everyone!
 
We will have the option to burn off any excess calories at the adjacent Planet Fitness health club.

On the other hand, there is reputedly a pub across the street for those who will need to mull over such a rash decision.
 
It's called Raven. Decent beers.

PF is $10/month, no fees, no commitment.
 
Last edited:
i think it's worth emailing the guy. He could have a sign up slot for the larger demo room.
 
speaking of which, who can bring tables and chairs?

I have two folding rectangular tables, and one square one (probably best suited for food). And 4 folding chairs.

And i am bringing a floor standing utility light for the big room in back with the buzzing sulfur lights. Does anyone have one of these they can also bring?

BAYSL1005_LG.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom