• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

WALPOLE, MA - new location for the (air conditioned) New England SweatFest!!

You have no idea how much fun it's been to watch this NE community grow. I am absolutely confident that trend will continue.
I try to explain what these fest's are about, and watching the uncomprehending expressions on my victims, fall back to "I belong to an organization of middle aged people obsessed with listening to high quality music with good equipment while consuming alcohol and eating good food".

They get that :)

Frank C.
 
Last edited:
Yes. I'll dig up a waiver somewhere and they will be at the door. If you plan to set up a table or stay for any meaningful period of time, please read and sign it.

The place is called Walpole Station Busines Center and is next door to the train stop in Walpole. 85 West St is the building entrance. We'll have the space on the first floor directly adjacent to the 85 West lobby.

It would be great to have someone responsible for setup and cleanup, along with me.

I'll confirm everything.
 
baco99,
Is this the kind of place where bringing a couple of wide push-brooms would help with the cleanup?
 
The front office area is carpeted and clean. The back warehouse area isn't so.

Both areas as largely vacant. So no chairs or tables. We'd have to bring those.
 
But I promised my girlfriend a woodworking shop and lasers, goddammit.

Walpole warehouse sounds cool. Are we gonna need to shoot rats off our speakers or is not that vacant?
 
Walpole warehouse sounds cool. Are we gonna need to shoot rats off our speakers or is not that vacant?

It's not *that* bad. Well, maybe the back warehouse area if we utilize that. The front office area is nice and recently renovated. (So wipe your shoes!)


There are no tables or chairs to speak of.


I think it would be prudent to have some sort of roll call so we can get organized and possibly see if there's enough people to run one or two workshops....?

I have a floor plan here somewhere, and I can run down and take some pictures if needed....
 
Good question.... Since I drive a small car, I probably won't have room for a table for swapping....
That's OK - we can just put stuff on the floor and people can get on their knees before the holy-ness that is our vintage stuff.
 
I have three 2 1/2 x 5 aluminum tables I can bring. Two won't support a tremendous amount of weight, so no McIntosh 2500s on those babies!

I also bought some chairs because we run girl scout meetings. I'll bring close to a dozen, but the chairs and tables leave when I do.
 
I have three 2 1/2 x 5 aluminum tables I can bring. Two won't support a tremendous amount of weight, so no McIntosh 2500s on those babies!
I also bought some chairs because we run girl scout meetings. I'll bring close to a dozen, but the chairs and tables leave when I do.
Excellent, if you look back at the photos from these GTGs you never see anyone sitting anyway so that should be plenty.
Maybe some GS cookies?
 
Confirmed, it's Baco's place. Peter will be out of town.

It will be a novel change for me, I can just visit all day!

Frank C.
 
Hoping to make it fellas.

Baco- is the building wheelchair accessible, or at least somewhat so?

1st floor access, no stairs. Just wheel right in!

And plenty of parking, including ADA/Van access if needed.

The only users on weekends are Planet Fitness visitors and an occasional office worker in one of the other buildings. The Planet Fitness folks bitch about having to walk to their cars on a normal basis (oh the irony!) why should this day be any different!?

Oh, and there's a Yoga class upstairs from our space that ends at 10, so we shouldn't be blasting any Van Halen before 10.


I'm meeting the building manager next week to discuss any issues, finalize the waiver, and get a key to the castle. I can take some pictures of the space and post here for people to get familiar. I know how hard it is for New Englanders to be comfy with something new. ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom