• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Well, this is a little awkward....

Damn!!! you just had to start with one of best tube preamps out there didnt ya??? congrats!!!

One of the quotes I always look for when someone is reviewing any audio component I might be interested in is this one; "best bang for the buck!" In all the reviews I read for the Lamm LL2D, that quote, or a similar version of that quote, was mentioned in all of them. Likewise for the Marantz SA-11S2 CDP.
 
Sweet!

For a guy just deciding to dabble in tubes to get a taste, you sure picked out one honey of a preamp to start with.


Maybe if I play my cards right, I might get a chance to listen someday soon ;)

That should prove to be one fine rig, Greg :thmbsp:

RC
 
Sweet!

For a guy just deciding to dabble in tubes to get a taste, you sure picked out one honey of a preamp to start with.


Maybe if I play my cards right, I might get a chance to listen someday soon ;)

That should prove to be one fine rig, Greg :thmbsp:

RC

Well Ron, as you already know, you'll be hearing the Lamm LL2D tomorrow in your wonderful system. :D I'll just bet the folks here in this thread would love to see your review on it after our listening session. :yes:
 
Quite nice looking stuff there, an the tube lineup in the pre is intriguing! :thmbsp:Congrats!
 
Well Ron, as you already know, you'll be hearing the Lamm LL2D tomorrow in your wonderful system. :D I'll just bet the folks here in this thread would love to see your review on it after our listening session. :yes:


I'm sure I am going to be very tempted to clunk you in the melon, keep the preamp/deck and drop you at the outskirts of town after hearing the Lamm and Marantz. You may just want to were a helmet as a safety precaution :smoke:

RC
 
Wow - very nice Greg! This IS a pretty startling post to read but I'm sure you are going to love this ride.

Damn, what's next, a low power tube amp, high-efficiency speakers and vinyl? :)
 
That's a nice looking preamp. I've never seen one with dual volume controls. Are they physically coupled, or do you have to turn both each time you adjust the volume?
 
That's a nice looking preamp. I've never seen one with dual volume controls. Are they physically coupled, or do you have to turn both each time you adjust the volume?

Nope, not coupled, and I believe they work just like a pair of seperate channel gain controls on a power amp would. Sort of a fine adjustment for channel balance.
 
Greg,
After hearing those Tylers, the tubes will make them sing. You've started down the road of no return in a BIG way. Electrons travel the best thru a vacuum!

Andy
 
Dang Greg, that's one nice setup you've complied there.

Enjoy it and let us know you're thoughts on it when it's up and singing.
 
Wow Retro that's some beautiful looking gear you've acquired to get your feet wet in the tube world. I'm sure you'll be enjoying it for some time to come. What's going to become of your wall of silver?
 
Welcome to the dark side, Retro.
12.gif
 
Nope, not coupled, and I believe they work just like a pair of seperate channel gain controls on a power amp would. Sort of a fine adjustment for channel balance.

Yep, it gives you the ability to the balance the channels without having another pot in the path. Looks like it's 12AU7s and 6DJ8s.:scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom