• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Western Electric Tube Date Codes

curling 3

New Member
Can anyone help advise on WE date codes. I have been given a couple of WE 274Bs with 3 digit codes 526. I am trying to find out vintage.

thanks,
 
Register to hide this ad
Hiya,

I am pretty sure about this but 50's vintage WE tubes have the three digit date codes like yours. So if you leave the first digit off of 5 you get the following.

5 = Year 26 = Month (Around Late June)

So June Of 1955

Frannie
 
Can anyone help advise on WE date codes. I have been given a couple of WE 274Bs with 3 digit codes 526. I am trying to find out vintage.

thanks,

That's a very generous present, easily equal to having someone give you a brand new 65" High def TV...I'd buy them a pint or two...:banana:
 
Back
Top Bottom